Anyone driven an s2000 AND an early nsx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im 6'0, 220 pounds, and my waist is a 34-36. my legs arent reall that wide.... but the seat fit me very snug, which is the point of the seats. I fit comfortably and got in/out very easily.

s2000 > nsx and please, just say s2000

Or you could wait for the NSX replacement coming in a few years with the V10. :mrgreen: Keep saving the way you are now and you should be able to afford it by then.

You guys have some great advice.

I have at least sat in the two and fit fine. I'm 6'1 but thin. My wife is a waitress but she used to work in the business world and make more than me. She is hoping to return full time when our kids are in school in two years. I just don't want to wait.
I'm 34 and smoking high school kids in my very nice, but boy racer rx7 or B16 hatch
(when finished this week) just isn't cool. I like driving these cars but they're just not the ultimate for me. I want a car worth more than 10k. But I also don't want to spend my money on a car that will lose value, just because I can't count on being able to raise and drop 25k on a toy ever again.
Ultimate of ultimates is to have an S2000 or nsx and finance an evo if my wife can get a job like she had. But I also want her to have summers off so we can spend them in Italy, where I want to also own a car. Driving there is just fantastic.
As for speed, my rx7 has already beaten an s2000 (a little over a car length at 120) and I'm not really looking for extreme speed. A supercharger on an s2000 would be fun but mostly for the torque. Too bad the main ones available for those cars are centrifugal, which mainly makes the extreme high rpm power more extreme.

I found an 91 nsx with 33K for $27K last year but I just couldn't make it. I'm still kicking myself.

Quoted post[/post]]
the sol has a hell of a lot more room inside than an S2k, thats how
im 5'11" about 190, with a pretty wide frame. i had no problem in my friend's sol, a little less than the teggy, if any.
i cant remember how well i fit in the s2000, but i guess since i dont remember it wasnt horrible.

Take it from me-- don't break the bank blowing it all on cars.
I did, now i'm 25 and living with mom still.

where, 5 years ago, i could have bought a house....

When I was 24 I was still living in my parent's basement. I had a rx7 gsl-se and have some great memories with it. Don't regret it a second. I was also working full time+ and working on my third degree, so I stayed pretty busy. But yes, use the opportunity to save some money so you don't start out with absolutely nothing but loans like I did.

if your serious about an nsx hit me up. my roommate can find you one in your price range

There's no comparison.

Ones an exotic "supercar" and the other is an economy convertible.

This should clue you in about which one is more practical and easier to own.

If you're having to scrape and save just to purchase the NSX, then there's no way you can practically afford it.

well the 2 weeks my lude was running right i got 4 different asses...one i ended up dating exclusively, then the lude went down and im back in the green monster (protege). I havent gotten laid in like 4 or 5 days...its horrible.

yeah...and if your big boned, stay away from a 4th gen lude. none of my friends from the shop can drive it...they have to be too close to the steering wheel to reach the pedals...fat and short guys =! lude

I would need to buy an nsx that can go about two years and 6k before needing serious maintenance. Otherwise I would sell the rx7 if needed. If the motor went out on the 7 (11K on a quality rebuild) and the nsx needed major work, I'd have to go into debt and it would suck. Or just drive the B16.

Really don't need more booty.

The S2000 is an economy car? Is this really a honda site? Of course, I would need 18s and about an inch of drop to make it one look a little more impressive.

Quoted post[/post]]
I would need to buy an nsx that can go about two years and 6k before needing serious maintenance. Otherwise I would sell the rx7 if needed. If the motor went out on the 7 (11K on a quality rebuild) and the nsx needed major work, I'd have to go into debt and it would suck. Or just drive the B16.

Really don't need more booty.

The S2000 is an economy car? Is this really a honda site? Of course, I would need 18s and about an inch of drop to make it one look a little more impressive.

Yeah I don't know how they can get away saying that either when it gets only 26 mpg highway out of a 4-cylinder.

Quoted post[/post]]
Take it from me-- don't break the bank blowing it all on cars.
I did, now i'm 25 and living with mom still.

where, 5 years ago, i could have bought a house....
:werd: You can buy a decent fixer upper house for $40k around buffalo here. And even WITH taxes AND mortgage payments you would spend less per month than you would for a rent payment. Fix the house up and resell it, buy a new house for more, and have money left over for the new car.

Back