Anyone else go driftin in the snow?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't know what car u have, so I don't know if its more fun to drive, rarer or faster. Probabaly is though.

See sig.

I bet if I chained up I'd get up the hill, and possibly through a couple feet of snow as well.

Actually, no. If you chained up, you'd definetly get up a hill, but in a 2WD vehicle with chains, you're only going as far as your clearance lets you. Once you start to float in a 2WD car w/ chains, it's over. In an AWD car with chains on all four, you could go through 50' of snow and still make it. I've been through snow so deep in my AllTrac, that I had to slow down because it was sliding up the hood and covering the windshield- I don't mean that it was hitting the front air dam and flying up into the air, but the nose of the car was actually BELOW the surface of the snow. Figure that was a little over 2' of snow.

going in reverse up a hill in fwd will get you up it alot easier than driving foward in fwd. so not really like rwd=fwd in reverse cuz in fwd in reverse, all your weight is over your drive wheels.

going in reverse up a hill in fwd will get you up it alot easier than driving foward in fwd. so not really like rwd=fwd in reverse cuz in fwd in reverse, all your weight is over your drive wheels.

Would it really matter for a FWD. YOu're not going to accelerate hard enough in the snow to transfer weight. So it's probably going to be the same.

I hear ya loco, but going through 2 feet of snow really doesn't sound like fun to me, thats all u..have fun.

Yea, your car is all of the above and "in a couple of ways" better than mine, but I don't want your car and I'm happy with mine. I'll enjoy the little 158 hp I got for now, until I have the extra cash for a 951.

Snow?? Ha! It has snowed one time since I have been alive here where I live! I want to do the tray thing. I have herd about it for a while. Does it really work like everybody says??

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jan 14 2004, 10:58 PM-->
92civicb18b1
@Jan 14 2004, 10:29 PM
I did, did the brakes on the porsche, and took a nice little ride. That shit is fun as hell. Never touched the ebrake either...what u civic/teg guys got on RWD. it was kinda hard gettin it back up the hill to the garage though.

Sorry, i know this is quite pointless, but I had to tell someone.

*yawn* I can drift like you, not get stuck, my car is faster, more fun to drive, rarer, more expensive to buy parts for, the ultimate sleeper, and if I chain up, I can get through about three feet of snow, submarine style.

RWD = driving FWD in reverse.

AWD = manlyness X 10^99

werd
and i dont have troubles going back up my driveway :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Jan 15 2004, 09:27 AM-->
Loco Honkey
@Jan 14 2004, 09:58 PM
*yawn* I can drift like you, not get stuck, my car is faster, more fun to drive, rarer, more expensive to buy parts for, the ultimate sleeper, and if I chain up, I can get through about three feet of snow, submarine style.

RWD = driving FWD in reverse.

AWD = manlyness X 10^99

Dammit you beat me to it.

AWD > your RWD, and faster :D

Well, as soon as I got off work last week, I came straight home. There was a ton of snow over ice all over town, big winter storm. Only 4x4's came to work that day, except me and my Honda. First I warm up with about, um, fifteen laps around my block through the alley w/e brake big time. Then, I decide enough of this pussy shit, and I grabbed the quad.

4x4 500cc quad, fuck yeah. I ripped around the residential(I'm almost downtown) for about an hour. Flip a 180 at around 30 mph and gas it, what a kick. AWD is definitely awesome to doughnut. All four light up and you spin almost in place, then countersteer and whoosh, gone.

There is not a snowballs chance in hell a cop can catch you on a 4x4 quad in the snow. They don't even have a 4x4 in town. Swank.

yea, I used to have this shitty suzuki quad, but it was fun as hell when I used to ride it.

This is just gonna make me sound like a really shitty driver but I'm gonna say it anyway, I backed into a tree a 35 miles and hour with it....I was drunk, then I went ghetto style and drove it without the rear fenders and shit.

hey loco, you ever snow drift in your 77 1200? i do it in my 80 civic wagon(when it snows(almost never)) and its a freakin crazy ass ride, easy to control too!

Well, i took the porsche on dry roads today, had some nice drifting going on, I really gotta learn how to do it right and in a controlled manner before I go crazy though. I don't know that car just feels fast to me even though it really isn't.

Back