Anyone else here besides Steve and myself

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quicksi

Play golf??? We should all get together and play a round sometime this fall, somewhere either in southern mass northern CT......

It's been a while, but I can, and I am up for a game, I just have to rent some clubs and buy a few balls.....when and where?

aaq.jpg

Anyone want to have a meet at Kimball Farms in Westford, Massachusetts? I've never been, but it has a driving range, a miniature golf course, water bumper boats and the best ice cream.

05260026.jpg

05260013.jpg

05260002.jpg

05260004.jpg

05260035.jpg

And there is even a petting zoo for Kaori!!!

05260018.jpg

05260024.jpg

I use to play a long time ago in HS, still have my crappy clubs that are too small for me :) but i would love to head out and see hopw bad i still am ;)

~Rob

Just let me know when and where. I've played golf once in my life, so at least I know the rules :thumbsup:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Sep 16 2003, 03:26 PM
Anyone want to have a meet at Kimball Farms in Westford, Massachusetts? I've never been, but it has a driving range, a miniature golf course, water bumper boats and the best ice cream.

05260026.jpg

05260013.jpg

05260002.jpg

05260004.jpg

05260035.jpg

And there is even a petting zoo for Kaori!!!

05260018.jpg

05260024.jpg

I more or less meant an 18 hole course. Kimbals is basically a driving range and a three par course which I hate to say I have actually played. You get stuck in the group, playin behind a gaggle of old women who can't hit the ball more than 15 feet on a 90 yard par 3. I can get it on the green and within 15-20 feet, and these dried up old cronnies in thier golfing shorts and pastel visors can't make it past the walking path.......The funniest part of it is they take a WHOLE golfing bag and pull a bag caddie with them....and uses drivers off of the tees......

Originally posted by Si950@Sep 16 2003, 08:15 PM
Just let me know when and where. I've played golf once in my life, so at least I know the rules :thumbsup:

Tell ya what, Steve and I will start out ahead of you guys and you can form your own foursome....we'll meet you at the bar about 4 hours or so after we finish...... ;)

cant play golf for shit but ill go.... if theres a driving range ill fuck around over there for a while... if not then ill be in the bar gettin my drunk on

Originally posted by quicksi@Sep 16 2003, 04:40 PM
I more or less meant an 18 hole course. Kimbals is basically a driving range and a three par course which I hate to say I have actually played...

Bill, I know that you meant a full fledged golf course. I just threw Kimball's out as an idea. The local Miata clubs have had some meets there, so there is no need for such a snobby attitude towards Kimballs. Maybe some would want to hone their skills on the driving range before your real golfing meet. Also Kimballs should be alot less crowded in the fall.

*shrug*

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Sep 16 2003, 09:33 PM-->
@Sep 16 2003, 04:40 PM
I more or less meant an 18 hole course. Kimbals is basically a driving range and a three par course which I hate to say I have actually played...

Bill, I know that you meant a full fledged golf course. I just threw Kimball's out as an idea. The local Miata clubs have had some meets there, so there is no need for such a snobby attitude towards Kimballs. Maybe some would want to hone their skills on the driving range before your real golfing meet. Also Kimballs should be alot less crowded in the fall.

*shrug*

what are you talking about? Lets not turn this into a pissing contest. First off, its pretty obvious you have never golfed before, becuase you will NEVER HONE YOUR SKILLS. Golfing is a game of you against the course, it takes YEARS and YEARS of playing and lessons to even get decent, and even then, you MIGHT break into single digit handicaps. about 95% of golfers will never be scratch golfers and about 70% will never be single digit handicaps.

Secondly, IF you do play golf, you would look down on Kimbals becuase it IS a 3 par course (and an extremly short one at that). When I pay 20 dollars to play 9 holes, it better be at least 4000 yards long (440 yards per hole average) and not 750 yards long............(that is about 83.3 yards per hole average)

and Lastly, I wasn't knocking Kimbals for a meet idea, I was knocking kimbals as a place to hold a golf meet, since it is not a golf course..........

Originally posted by CivicSleeper98@Sep 16 2003, 10:42 AM
I use to play a long time ago in HS, still have my crappy clubs that are too small for me :) but i would love to head out and see hopw bad i still am ;)

~Rob

I'll take your clubs since I'm alot shorter than you, lol. :angel: Watching golf on tv bores me bigtime.. :zzz: lol, but doing something like this might be fun..

Originally posted by quicksi@Sep 16 2003, 06:51 PM
what are you talking about? Lets not turn this into a pissing contest...

Firstly, I had no idea that you were so serious about this golfing meet. Especially judging by what others posted in this thread about their skills. Your proposed meet is also about companionship and drinking. No I don't play, but I know the difference between a real golf course and a miniature golf course. My grandparents had a house in Pebble Beach along the water of the 17 mile Drive. It's since been knocked down and the 17th hole of the course moved on top of where it once stood.

Secondly, it seems to me that you enjoy replying to my posts to just to argue shit with me, when a PM or email would be just fine with me. I want no pissing contests with you. Or to wage some battle between the sexes. You have posted your points of view and I have just done the same. I know ahead of time that my replies with never change your attitudes and neither will you change mine.

Did I wander back into the OT forum by accident? lol.

So let's just BOTH chill out Bill. Sometime, let's just go out and throw back a few of these.... :beer: Okay? :)

Back