Anyone else see this??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It took two major accidents where you smashed your head on the dash both times for you to stop and think that it might be a good idea to wear a seat belt?

I'm not trying to start the whole seat belt debate here, so don't everybody jump on me please...but I know for me personally, I think one accident involving head smashing would have been enough to get me wearing it...

I've never smashed my head into anything in an accident and I always wear mine.

Hell my first accident which I totalled my car, I remember my neck slightly hurting afterward from the stress of the g forces pushing me forward.

I remember going forward and my head tilting down as my glasses flew off. I always wear my seatbelt, took me not getting hurt at all to know to wear it.

Well, think about this. Aside from impeccable maintenance, why does the Autobahn work? Education and training. As far as other languages, I don't even think the citizenship oath should be taken in anything other than English. Personally, I wouldn't even think of moving to another country without learning the language. But I'm talking more along the lines of knowing how to handle your car and having the presence of mind to do so when needed. Education and training is the only way to get there, and that's going to take raising the bar. If that means that bad, inattentive, and/or flat out careless drivers have to take the bus, all the better. Some people think that automated systems are the cure. I say that holding people accountable for their own actions is.

And again, I'm not trying to start an argument, just further a valid discussion. :)

And I don't disagree, I'm just trying to state what I'm trying to say in a clear way and I fail. lol

I agree that's why the autobahn works... another reason: because people FOLLOW THE RULES! Most people don't know the left lane is to remain open unless passing a vehicle. One by one. Instead, they just drive in it. I can honestly say that would actually help if people were just sensible enough to follow directions. And I'm with you on other languages. Hence, I've learned French and German. I'm also teaching myself Italian and Japanese so when I visit, I can communicate (not very) effectively, but at least make an effort to converse with people in their native language. I dunno, maybe I give people too much credit sometimes... but I normally feel I don't give them enough.

I actually think better public transit wouldn't make a huge difference because teens like me that just got their license will still rather drive ourselves :). And most teens get into a LOT of wrecks and drive stupid.

If we increase the tolls for GETTING your license, the testing for getting your license and the price of cars, you'd not be driving anyway, sir. Mainly because mom and dad won't want to pay for your accidents. It works in other countries... public transit is actually the primary choice, not because they can't GET a license, but because they don't NEED one. Most other countries don't work like we do. Why is the mini car so popular overseas? They don't need a big SUV so they don't buy one. It's wasteful. They see useful, practical, and economic as key points to buy. Not 'will it haul the whole soccer team?'

If we increase the tolls for GETTING your license, the testing for getting your license and the price of cars, you'd not be driving anyway, sir. Mainly because mom and dad won't want to pay for your accidents. '

I've been driving my mom's car since I was 11 and working since 12 (I'm about to turn 17) so yea I'd be driving ;). And my parents helping me with money haha I help her...don't make me laugh I earn my way every step of the way. And she said if I get in a wreck it's all me.

And to me a little 93 4 door honda civic with a little get-up and go is practical and economic :). SUVs are ridiculous to me but that's my opinion. If it were my way there'd be a lot less suvs on the market and more sport compacts and imports. Of course better driver's ed classes too!

I've been driving my mom's car since I was 11 and working since 12 (I'm about to turn 17) so yea I'd be driving ;). And my parents helping me with money haha I help her...don't make me laugh I earn my way every step of the way. And she said if I get in a wreck it's all me.

And to me a little 93 4 door honda civic with a little get-up and go is practical and economic :). SUVs are ridiculous to me but that's my opinion. If it were my way there'd be a lot less suvs on the market and more sport compacts and imports. Of course better driver's ed classes too!

Uhm, ok? So you want a cookie for driving at 11? I was racing go karts at 10. Does that make me an experienced motorist? No. It makes me a go karter. Don't make you laugh? I'm not trying to. You admit most teens drive like idiots...

And most teens don't help their parents. Good on you for doing so. I wasn't pointing you out, I was using you as an example to make a generalization. Which, apparently never works. That person is ALWAYS the exception to the rule. I'm with you on the little car being more effective. It's kind of funny when your turbo car gets better gas mileage than a Corvette or an SUV. Ha!

Uhm, ok? So you want a cookie for driving at 11? I was racing go karts at 10. Does that make me an experienced motorist? No. It makes me a go karter. Don't make you laugh? I'm not trying to. You admit most teens drive like idiots...

And most teens don't help their parents. Good on you for doing so. I wasn't pointing you out, I was using you as an example to make a generalization. Which, apparently never works. That person is ALWAYS the exception to the rule. I'm with you on the little car being more effective. It's kind of funny when your turbo car gets better gas mileage than a Corvette or an SUV. Ha!

Lol I was driving at 11 but also I was more pointing out that even if prices went up I've been working since 12 so I'd most likely afford it anyway. And about "dont make me laugh" that's because I don't like it when rich kids get everything handed to them by their parents.

And yes, I want a huge chocolate chip cookie :D

Well, I'm glad you have a sense of humor cuz honestly, I was a little pissed about what you wrote and almost asked if your mom drove a pedal car. :)

This video makes me sick, and makes me think to myself... WHY????

I guess some people will never be understood.

:thumbsdown:

i have never felt so bad about a video i watch on the web.

i'm actually tearing up over this.

i cant believe what i just saw.
my heart goes out to their families, yes both. because they have to live with the pain the robber brought his and Alex's family.

Back