Anyone else stuck?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There's a lot of reasons I park the integra for the winter and mob the Cherokee. There are a lot of reasons I park the Cherokee in the summer and mob the integra. The more diverse the weather patterns, the more difficult it is to obtain a "do everything" vehicle. A small fwd car is certainly not it. It's good to have one for commuting on paved roads, but having one as your only option is going to end up with you hating life during inclement weather. Once I can afford a beater truck, I'll have all the bases covered. If snow is a regular battle for you, but you can only have one vehicle (and thus efficiency is a factor to consider) I'd recommend a Subaru forester.

im trying my best to make my WRX my do-it-all vehicle.

lifted on big (26") snow tires in the winter
lowered on regular size (25") summer tires in the summer.

so far, winter mode is working awesome.

After 10 years of Supra ownership, I have been trained on handling a Mustang. That's all I have until I get the new trans in my Wagon (I'm just about there, waiting for my brakes and axles to come in). So all the snow that northern PA has had, I've had the Mustang to handle it.

As far as interstate travel is concerned, I agree with getting stuck. I have had my Subaru with front/rear/center diff and been "stuck" on the highway behind a string of morons who are clogging up the road. It's stupid as hell. Just last week I had to drive in the median with my dad's Scooby wagon just to get out of NY. Retards.

^ said no one in an audi ever...

h9A74A147

That's awesome. :)

My parent's old Audi 5000 was a similar tank in the snow. And the only time I've ever been stuck in my Jetta was during the Chicago blizzard of 2011, and even then I just had to rock a bit and was on my way again. Others weren't so lucky:

17133d1359388617-lakeshore-drive-snowbound.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et0axOoiGs8

Attachments

• Lakeshore-Drive-snowbound.jpg
    Lakeshore-Drive-snowbound.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
rule # 1 is never get on a limited access road in a blizzard. That's how you get stuck or get your car lost.

I wish there was more snow this year. I dutifully put snow tires on my car every year, but never wind up getting much. When it snows I put my 5gal jerry can of gas in the car, and a 50lb bag of gravel in the trunk.

Then again, learning to drive in the mountains of germany certainly helps with your perception of how much snow is "too much to drive in."

That big snow was the last we've seen since... In the two winters since then, we've had nothing but dustings. Maybe 4 or 5 inches total, all in little bits at a time, total over two years.

The winter after the big one was the warmest year in the history of Chicago; it was in the 70s in February. This winter has been mild too except for one recent cold snap.

Last edited:
Back