Anyone else tired?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
I know I am. I havent owned my Si since last december and yet I am still so tired of the whole scene. Seeing altezza's and NOS stickers on cars still gets me in an uproar. And teh whole thing with freaking 240's and JDM this and JDM that. Drift here and drift tehre. Its getting very tiresome. Anyways, enough of my rant. Just bored at work :)

[/rant]

u need to pick up a good ole datsun 510, or a starlet and get back into the scene! get off your ass, go now!! . . . . . or dont . . . . .just a thought :poke:

No, definitely not. I'm tired of some of the import scene, mostly the stuff you posted up, but there's still alot of good to be had. Sport sedans (Mazda 6, STi, Evo), new versions of the Wankel rotary, etc. The ricer mentality will soon fall by the wayside, and we can get back to serious performance.

Let's just pray for no The Ghey and The Curious 3. :)

............................................ :huh:

I just got into the import scene. <_<

Sorta...I did drive a Mazda powered Ford....imported enough. :p

I hate seeing the rice too, but it gives me something to laugh at.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 1 2003, 08:47 AM
No, definitely not. I'm tired of some of the import scene, mostly the stuff you posted up, but there's still alot of good to be had. Sport sedans (Mazda 6, STi, Evo), new versions of the Wankel rotary, etc. The ricer mentality will soon fall by the wayside, and we can get back to serious performance.

Let's just pray for no The Ghey and The Curious 3. :)

I failed to mention that I AM looking at the Mazda 6 this weekend...

sorry ;)

I am along the lines as you seNor accord...I do like some aspects of it...autoX, track days, etc, however I am just getting to a boiling point with the JDM Craze and the f&f shizit.

that's why i like having the mustang. no one here fixes up the newer styles, and i think i have more potential with it.

mustangs/camros are even worse than the ricer shit around here. its so annoying.

im out in the spring. sol is going, 240 is going, and im crossing the other ocean.

I am way yes, I am tired of all the riced out shit, this and that, but hey, I got involved 6 years ago because I loved it and I still do. I enjoy working on cars and also enjoy informing new guys into the sport. I guess the difference now is that it blew up after the fast and furious. Its a good thing and a bad thing. I try not to let it bother me so I just keep on doing the same shit that I have been doing for the past 6 or so years when working on cars.

I understand your point and it does from time to time get frustrating. But in the end I do it cause I enjoy it.

Originally posted by sisteve@Oct 1 2003, 08:31 AM
I know I am. I havent owned my Si since last december and yet I am still so tired of the whole scene. Seeing altezza's and NOS stickers on cars still gets me in an uproar. And teh whole thing with freaking 240's and JDM this and JDM that. Drift here and drift tehre. Its getting very tiresome. Anyways, enough of my rant. Just bored at work :)

[/rant]

/hello and welcome to my rant for the past 4 years....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 1 2003, 09:46 AM

im out in the spring.

whats the matter? winter snow keeping you from doing what you want to do? :lol: :lol:

so ... what are you doing then? buying a mustang?

i want to buy me a 4 runner. so i can go hunting and shit out here

///M

I will own an M...after my house and AC Cobra are built ;)

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Oct 1 2003, 02:08 PM
im tired of everyone being "fast and furious". oh well guess it wont ever die down,,,

I seem to recall you buying 2F2F the day it came out... <_< :lol:

Shit, I bought both Fast and Furios yesterday, they came together in a pack. The first is actually good, IMO. It had a good understanding of how the underground street racing works, real cars that go to the races, the people that go, the right amount of money spent on a bet, but they never run four cars, but they have to make it more appealing for everyone. The second one, sucked ass, I thought it was ok when it came out, and I love the Skyline, too much neon, but still nice. But, after I watched it again last night it does suck, how does a racer get sucked into the biggest drug dealer in the U.S.?

Originally posted by sisteve@Oct 1 2003, 09:31 AM

[/rant]

I feel your pain. I was in West Haven at a pizza place a long time friend opened.
my car was parked out front and these to hooligans start eyeing my car in awe.

I hear one of em say you think it's fast, so I walk outside and say "it's slow as fuck it's a stock motor with a cai" , they look at me wierd. I tell them that I might put a d16z6 or a 1.8ls , they laugh and say why, I said cause a 1.8ls has potential, they laugh again and say why don't you put a H22 in that bitch. It was all I could do but just scream ignorant fucks go away. but I was quite reserve and explained I don't see how spending over $3500 for a motor and then on top of that to convert to a cable shifter and motor mounts and the wiring job on top of it. The kid proceeds to tell me oh you could get a h22 for $2500 and put it in for $500, I just walked away.

But hey it isn't putting a damper on the fun I'm still trying to have on my own enjoying my car the way I want to not the way the ricers want me too.

And I'd give a left nut any day to own an AC Cobra, but I'd give my left and right to have a 68-9 Yenko Nova.

Wow, some ppl here want a domestic.. i'm about to shit myself.

F-Bodies and Fox Bodies are built a lot around here, but that is good, its more compitetion for ppl who build domestics. There are only acouple imports that could even touch the domestics here, so its no fun when everyone is building 240's and honda's.

The domestics wont ever die.. the import scene was said to be the new hotrod, but its not, they can't make the power or dominate like the domestics can. Its a phase, one that will go out and Brian will buy another Crapolier to start over like he did when he was 17 :p

AC Cobra's are very nice.. i want to build on, but the kit for the frame and body is 10g's alone. Yenko cars are very nice. I just can't stand carbbed motors. You can go faster with less fuel injected power.... I seen a nice ass 66 2dr nova shell the other day.. hmmm ls1 swap.. :droool:

oh I didn't say a turbo set-up and feul inject wouldn't end up being used on that Yenko Nova.

The kit that I want is from Factory Five Racing...I have already toured and spoke with the owners of FFR. They build and use them for what they were ORIGINALLY built for...racing.

The car that I want to build bosts a Carbon Fibre Body, a 9" rear Jaguar end and a nice Ford 460 Crate Motor FI of course. Plus, I am tempted to turbo it once it goes under the knife :)

Total output HP should be well enough near 700hp in a 1850lb vehicle

:imgone:

lol

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Oct 1 2003, 12:15 PM
Wow, some ppl here want a domestic.. i'm about to shit myself.

F-Bodies and Fox Bodies are built a lot around here, but that is good, its more compitetion for ppl who build domestics. There are only acouple imports that could even touch the domestics here, so its no fun when everyone is building 240's and honda's.

The domestics wont ever die.. the import scene was said to be the new hotrod, but its not, they can't make the power or dominate like the domestics can. Its a phase, one that will go out and Brian will buy another Crapolier to start over like he did when he was 17 :p

AC Cobra's are very nice.. i want to build on, but the kit for the frame and body is 10g's alone. Yenko cars are very nice. I just can't stand carbbed motors. You can go faster with less fuel injected power.... I seen a nice ass 66 2dr nova shell the other day.. hmmm ls1 swap.. :droool:

Everytime the word "domestic" is mentioned on hondasap, codee comes out of the woodwork :lol:

i kinda like the new mustang body styles anyways....

but i hate the interior and the ergonomics of it. id rather buy a Z3 and boost it than buy a domestic.

Back