Anyone else tired?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whenever a company makes a car, they tend to build the car so that it can fit (in style, practicality and performance) the roads of the companie's native land.

Compare: Drive a Buick Regal T across country. Now drive a Celica. Comparable cars - But you see that the Regal is the better choice because it was built with US roads in mind.

As we are all moving into urbanities and tighter areas (The suburban sprawl) we're finding that the US road is changing dramatically. The newest full-size Cadillac (Car, not that SUV shit) is smaller than Cadillacs smallest car in 1983. (The Seville)

American cars are changing only as fast as the roads do - And now that our wide-open roads are being replaced by stop lights and suburb curved roads, it's our roads that are catching up to the Import cars.

Because those cars come from a place that has had roads like that for a long time.

So regardless of where a car is made, or where it's factory originates the true question is "Does it fit my kind of roads and my kind of driving?"

God, I have to take a 6 hour trip in the CRX tomorrow. Talk about wanting to trade for a Caddy.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Oct 2 2003, 10:35 PM
Compare: Drive a Buick Regal T across country. Now drive a Celica. Comparable cars - But you see that the Regal is the better choice because it was built with US roads in mind.

I drove a Celica cross country. Pulling a 2000 lb. trailer. Got 17 MPG while doing 75 MPH the whole way. It rode comfortable enough to do 2927 miles in 3.5 days.

Originally posted by Celerity@Oct 2 2003, 10:35 PM
Whenever a company makes a car, they tend to build the car so that it can fit (in style, practicality and performance) the roads of the companie's native land.

Compare: Drive a Buick Regal T across country.  Now drive a Celica.  Comparable cars - But you see that the Regal is the better choice because it was built with US roads in mind.

As we are all moving into urbanities and tighter areas (The suburban sprawl) we're finding that the US road is changing dramatically.  The newest full-size Cadillac (Car, not that SUV shit) is smaller than Cadillacs smallest car in 1983. (The Seville)

American cars are changing only as fast as the roads do - And now that our wide-open roads are being replaced by stop lights and suburb curved roads, it's our roads that are catching up to the Import cars.

Because those cars come from a place that has had roads like that for a long time.

So regardless of where a car is made, or where it's factory originates the true question is "Does it fit my kind of roads and my kind of driving?"

God, I have to take a 6 hour trip in the CRX tomorrow. Talk about wanting to trade for a Caddy.

-> Steve

just find some small narrow roads and you'll be fine. :lol:

seriously, the japanese are minimalists. the americans (as a culture in general) are more into luxury. look at the old traditional japanese houses. they are made of paper! and there is barely any furniture. they dont even have chairs...they sit on the floor. its no wonder that their cars are smaller and more economical.

I have to agree, the way that the car is made is due to the lifestyle that the party who makes the car lives. Look at Ferrari's and Lambo's, they are awesome at handling, probably the best, but in the quarter I belive they run high 12's, low 13's. Now look at a Dodge Viper Hennesy(SP?) quarter mile in 11.4. Now, I know that is the worst comparison ever, but in Italy the roads have lots of curves, and in America, we have more highways.

I dont like the stickers,Altezza's,body kits, and ghey wings.....

i try to hang out with a little more diverse crowd, Imports,Domestics,German cars... guys who are into the performance aspect... the rest can go back to watching movies.....

Back