Anyone ever owned an old MR2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
All I know is:

Its an 87

Not supercharged

T-tops

5 speed

has rust, but isn't bad

and its cheap

I've always liked them, never found one that was cheap and not beat to shit/rotted to the ground.

Opinions?

I have a 1989 Supercharged MR2. It is my weekend car cause it doesn't get that much mpg. That mr2 has potential. You would be able to drop in a silvertop 20v 4age motor that has 165hp and have a 45/55 weight ratio. You should check out www.mr2oc.com

aaa.jpg

aab.jpg

aag.jpg

Had I put into that car the effort I'm putting in my NX it would be a NASTY FUCKING BEAST right now.
Yeah, the pinstripes are pink. Wanna make somethin of it ?

That was mine up till last year. An MR2 AW11 is one of the most unique and fantastic cars ever built. Buy it.

The NA one isn't the fastest out there (My CRX has always eaten them) but they are VERY reliable, the bodies are incredibly well balanced, they are an engineering marvel, and the most flexible designs in the world. There is no interior room, and you have to deflate a basketball to put it in the trunk, but they are balanced so well that they are wielded like weapons more than cars. The SCs are godly and with proper suspension and tires they are infallible. I can speak volumes of these cars.

Give you extra credit if you tell me where the gas tank is.

isn't it between the driver and passenger?

I thought it was behind the seats...?

I dunno, I guess I'll find out this weekend :)

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

more?

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

omg yes.

YES!

I LOVE those cars.... and by love I mean LOOOOOVE.

freakin 80s looks and AMAZING handling. YES! the supercharged ones are HELLA fun outta the box, but it takes a weekend to get used to the rear motor stuff.

so much good stuff though.

Get one as a "starter" car to the world of MR2.

Then, when you like it, get the 1989 MR2 SC t-bar. They aren't that common (Most of them are 88s) But boy are they worth it. Save up $6000 and buy a mint one from somewhere that doesn't have rust.

celerity, that mr2 is hot

ive never seen any of that body style so clean up by me, only seen a buncha rusted na ones

id def rock one of them

Thanks, but it's a good 30/30 car. (30 feet or 30 mph). It did have a load of rust, and some problems. I got $2500 for it and that was a good price to me. I even told the kid what was wrong with it. The interior is mint, but keeping an interior in good shape is easy.

I had a 87 NA, that little car was a blast to drive. I like the SC ones but hard to find. l've been looking around for a 91 - 95 NA or Turbo

Back