Anyone ever rebuilt a BOYA Auto Trans?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Golferdude

I am thinking about rebuilding my trans but would like to ask a few questions....anyone care to help?

Golferdude

Ask the questions and then see if anyone knows the answers. You're not going to get many responses with something that open ended.

Ok...have been trying to get some responses on questions regarding an auto trans...but it seems not many are too versed on it.

I pulled my trans and replaced the converter seal and o'ring because it was leaking around the converter. Put it back in, still leaked. But then I had a P0715 code come up and it slips when it shifts and if you accellerate hard, when it gets to 3,500 rpm's it free revs. Prior to me pulling it and replacing the seal, it was fine.

So I replaced the converter along with a new seal, and the leak has stopped. But it still slips and free revs. I have checked all of the sensors, resistance wise, and they all pass. I applied voltage to the solenoids on each leg and each one clicked.

So my next thought was possibly rebuilding the trans. If I go that route, any special cautions or pointers? Or should I look at the TCM. It is strange how it was fine prior to, it just seems like an electrical problem.

Please help....

Golferdude.....

Ouch. I've never played inside an automatic transmission. I don't even own one now, not in any of the 4 vehicles at the house. Good luck on the questions- hopefully someone around here will be able to answer them. Bump for you.

Did you prefill the converter? Are you running the correct fluid? Have you checked the fluid level?
Get a manual and read it first, you’ll need to find (borrow or buy) a couple special tools to do the job.

I try to avoid autos now because I have come to the conclusion that the only two things that make an automatic tranny work, are witchcraft and wizardry

your having a problem with the input to the main turbine speed sensor located on the side of the tranny, between the shift and lock up solenoid. it is held on with four bolts and is directly linke to the tps sensor on the vehicle. most of the time it will toss several codes along with this one, like p0700, p0745 indicating a problem with the tranny. you can test the input and output voltage of the turbine speed sensor by back probing the connector and running two wires into the cab hooked up to a voltmeter and driving the vehicle. you can also pick up a carchip at places like autozone for 100 that will record data while you drive and display it on a pc. check for faulty connections at the sensor or frayed wires, as they are common because the spash shields end right before the tranny casing.

Back