Anyone gearing up for Softball?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

:D Anyone else play company/town softball?? Im starting up with the team my work has in a few weeks for our first practice.

I just ordered my new bat (Miken Freak 98) and a thingee you put on the butt that tapers to the end with grooves for my bottom two fingers. Never used one, but they're only 5 bucks, so what the hell.

This will be my 5th year playing, but the first on this team. Apparently this team last year (virgin year) they only won 2 games, i dunno how many they played total but im told "we arent the most athletic team". Yet they went 2 rounds deep into the playoffs (out of 4 rounds). Whatever, its a co-ed team and I just enjoy playing no matter what team im on. I play 1st and 2nd, primarily a 3rd-5th hitter with some hr power:ph34r: :ph34r: .

sooooo anyone else gonna be playing?

I will be managing and playing baseball this summer. I still have not warmed up to play softball yet. For me its too slow and boring.

i'm playing, i think.

the last year i played i played co-ed. i played with my mom, stepdad, and 2 guys i went to high school with.

we had 8 people that had never played slow pitch so we thought we would just do ok. we ended up going 16-0 and winning the league title.

i play outfield because i can pretty much cover 1/2 the field on my own. so we can put shitty people in the corners and i can be a ball hog. i can hit extremely well, batted around .750 in that league that year. good arm from the outfield to. my only weakness is getting cocky and trying to blast it and popping it up. yeah, i'm bragging, haha, but i play really well. i think i have a video somewhere.

Attachments

• 119_1901.JPG
    119_1901.JPG
    450.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 119_1920.JPG
    119_1920.JPG
    292 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I miss playing softball. :( I remember endlessly throwing my rubber practice ball up against the wall trying to make the pitcher's mound my first year... good times. Man... young girls are ruthless sometimes. I remember stepping on hands, throwing the ball at their head, or even hitting them in the titties with pitches on 'accident.' But, we don't have a league here at work... wish they did. Maybe I'll sign up for the adult league thru the County.

i'm playing, i think.

the last year i played i played co-ed. i played with my mom, stepdad, and 2 guys i went to high school with.

we had 8 people that had never played slow pitch so we thought we would just do ok. we ended up going 16-0 and winning the league title.

i play outfield because i can pretty much cover 1/2 the field on my own. so we can put shitty people in the corners and i can be a ball hog. i can hit extremely well, batted around .750 in that league that year. good arm from the outfield to. my only weakness is getting cocky and trying to blast it and popping it up. yeah, i'm bragging, haha, but i play really well. i think i have a video somewhere.
nice. Last year i played in a beer league, it was the first time any of the teams had played, atleast in this league. Our team consisted of skaters/snowboarders because at the time i worked at a youth marketing firm which did extreme sports mostly. We went 10-0 then went 2-2 at the end. Lost it in the finals too, kinda sucked. But if a bunch of skaters can do well, im sure some people here could.

I hate the outfield, well i lied... i HATE ss and 3rd the most, i can atleast track a ball and i have a decent arm to get it back in. My signiture move though... Guy on 2nd, 0/1 outs, nobody on first. Grounder to the left side, throw comes to me, guy on 2nd tries to go to third, i catch ball and gun it to third, double play. Probably one of the most rare double plays, but i loved it and would try every time^_^ I dunno my avg, since it was a slow pitch beer league no one really kept track.. hell, we didnt even have balls or strikes.. just hit the fuckin thing :p. My first three years i hit .728 with 31 Hr's. I too, have the problem with being cocky and going for a hr, but usually i hit a soft grounder because apparently im blind and cant hit... or something.

i really cant wait, bat should be here early next week, then off to break it in. :)

I fucking missed sign ups. I have to now try and get on someones team and conveniently everyone is "full". FUCK.

Back