1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone get stuck in this accident in Raleigh yesterday?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by cheese9988, Jul 28, 2007.

1. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Jesus that sucks. RIP, hope everyone else makes a full recovery.

3. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

Raleigh needs more highways because on a Friday there happened to have been 11 accidents that caused a delay in your day? While on a normal day it only takes you 1/2 hour? Why again do they desperately need more highways?

Try moving to NVA, 30 minute drive is normally 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours every single day, or Try LA or Toronto....

4. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

shit i drove near there on my way to my mom's in Greenville, NC from Fort Wayne, IN and i gotta drive by there on monday on my way back to Indiana....

5. cheese9988

It takes roughly 45 mins to get home every day. Alot of times its stop and go. Most of the highways and streets are overcrowded and the area is booming from the huge amount of people that migrated to that area. There are accident problems every day that cause delays, just this one was particulaly bad. The i40 that goes east & west is still the primary way to go across the city, if something happens there is no other good back road or sidestreet. I've tried other ways and it end up taking longer.

6. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

It's just hard to feel bad for ya when I live in the DC/MD/VA area. one of the higher ranked traffic areas in north America, thankfully not as bad as CA or Toronto, but bad enough to make 3rd on the list of worst traffic by rated by forbes

1. Los Angeles, Long Beach, Santa Ana, Calif.
    2. San Francisco, Oakland, Calif.
    3. Washington, D.C.
    4. Atlanta
    5. Houston
    6. Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Tex.
    7. Chicago.
    8. Detroit
    9. Riverside, San Bernardino, Calif.
    9. Orlando, Fla.
    11. San Jose, Calif.
    12. San Diego

Thankfully I only worked over the VA boarder for a little while many years ago. my avg drive into and back from work was 2 hours each way. one day I left late and hit zero traffic, I made it in 45 minutes. That is with ZERO crashes, factor in a crash and you could have a 5-10 mile backup. making your 2 hour trip into..... yeah NVA traffic sucks monkey balls.

7. cheese9988

I don't disagree with you at all, I drive through that area to go to NY at least once a month. One time we hit DC, a rain storm and construction at the same time and it took hours to get through that traffic jam. Its just I'm not paying those local taxes. As well as the Raleigh area is doing, I think they can do a whole lot better. This area is ranked one of the highest in the country for an increasing economy and yet the infrastructure was rated one of the lowest (by yahoo anyway), and you can tell.

8. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

<-Planning on moving out of Raleigh. They have areas on I40 that are 4-lanes or maybe more(like the part where the accident took place); but there's barely any median, and in some areas there's only two lanes. They had money to widen other areas of I40 but spent it on road repairs.

9. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

:werd:

That's nothing. I-95 between Washington and Fredericksburg during rush hour is usually around a 2 hour ride for about 35 miles, for a good day. It's fuckin ridiculous.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  10. TeinGirl

TeinGirl Senior Member

#6 on the list FTL... & #5 on occasion... shit if Houston came in as #5 I would probably end up stabbing someone in the juggular if I were to drive any of the 1-4's. Screw that!

11. cheese9988

We are moving back to NY at the end of the week. There are good people down here and great job opportunities. But we don't like the urban sprawl, the traffic, hot weather, illegal immigrants and a few other things.

12. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

i was down in LA this weekend.. i absolutely hate the traffic there... a million different freeways and traffic on almost everyone of them..

13. Black Widow g2

Black Widow g2 *princess*

+1. I hate LA. I can't wait until it becomes a suburb of SF... that 'gang' fight will be fun.

14. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

why would LA become a suburb of san fran? they are like 10 hours away from each other....

anyway, i'm surprised nyc, boston and hartford aren't on that list...

15. Black Widow g2

Black Widow g2 *princess*

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted