Anyone gone Hunting??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you don't know the brands, or their value, you'll wanna get help before buying a gun. Two different makes with the same options can have huge price variances.

Get help before making a high dollar purchase.

yeah you should just post whatever guns you're looking at and some of us that hunt can let you know what he think and have heard of them- not to be cocky or whatever, but i've shot a ton of guns and heard stuff about a ton more- so if you want any advice let me know

Originally posted by Drake@Jan 26 2004, 10:36 PM
Hunting is good stuff. And dont let people give you any BS about its unfair to the animals. My ass unfair, they will hear your tired ass stumbling threw the woods at 5:30 in the morning thinking your gonna get a jump on them. It is a pretty inexpensive sport unless you go out of state then the prices are sky high. Im 17 and have been hunting since i was about 13-14. And even though i havnt "gotten" any huge trophes or any thing like that it is still kick ass to go out and at least shoot at stuff. I dono its like gettin back to the basics you know. But any ways i think you should at least try it out. I think alot of people would enjoy it if they tried. Welp good luck with whatever you decide. Have a great night.

Jeramy

Make no mistake. If a deer had the chance, he'd shoot you and everyone you care about :ph34r:

ok, cool, I will give you an PM. I just want to make sure I get a decent gun and bow at a decent price.

I was at walmart and noticed they sell shotguns but I will use the common sense and analogy of it being the same as a kid looking to buy a performance muffler from your local auto corporate chain, didn't plan on buying one from walmart as a litle FYI :)

the bear hunting sounds fucking crazy, stalking a bear and then killing it with a arrow, I would be on the edge of my seat if I was their.

The only thing that worries me in florida is the damn alligators and the 200lb trophy hogs that have 4inch tusks :)

Man vs. Animal baby...sounds like a fucking blast, can't wait till I take my course.

I am still looking up what are the most common shotguns used for turkey and duck hunting, I also noticed that only certain types are permitted in certain wildlife management areas.

I also went to "OutDoor World" and checked out some of their shotguns the other day, they have a decent amount of supplies, so I was just getting some estimates together and stuff..

also bought a "Browning" hat,,,holla!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

i recommend buying a shotgun as your first gun- if you get a remington 870 combo or comparable model, you get a smoothbore barrel with a few choke tubes and a rifled barrel with either rifle sights or a scope mount rail- this way you can use the shotgun for turkey hunting in the spring and goose and deer hunting in the fall and winter- all by switching one barrel- not only that but you can use for any kind of game in between and with the modern slugs on the market today, you can expect pretty good performance out to arond 100 yards with a good barrel and scope combination on a 12 gauge

thats what I was looking for, a gun both good for turkey hunting and goose.

bty, nice avatar, I prefer the pussy skoal shit :)

you little bish you- i used to love skoal until i had to keep a dip in 23 hours of the day because i feel like i absorb no nicotine from it at all- but yeah def. go for the 870 if you can afford it- or you can go the way I did and get the mossberg 500- i think that's a decent gun for the money and you get the same set up with the dual barrels

well I started off with

cherry, then mint/wintergreen, then Kodiak Mint, and one day I asked my buddy to pic me up a tin since I was working under a car, he brought me back Berry Blend and been hooked eversince, oh REdman Golden Blend owns!! :)

back to the hunting shit, how much roughly would those two different shotguns cost?

http://www.remington.com/firearms/shotguns/870excmb.htm

that's the link to the combo webpage- I recommend the fully rifles 12 gauge- the MSRP is only $476 which means you might pick it up for a little less-

http://www.mossberg.com/pcatalog/model500.htm

there's the link to the ossberg 500- i have the top one and can't make any complaints- i don't think mossberg sells a combo package though, but here is the link to their barrel page

http://www.mossberg.com/acatalog/pricebarrels.htm

the cheapest fully rifled barrel comes with rifle sights and retails for $149- i dunno if you know, but porting is the drilling of holes in the barrel in order to reduce felt recoil and muzzle jump- i highly reccomend it if it's available, especially if you're gonna be shooting rifled slugs and heavy turkey loads, since a 3 inch mag shell loaded with either a turkey load or a slug will kick very very hard- i'm 5'11" and 215 pounds and a 3inch mag still pushes me back a bit- not painful, but anything you can do to make it less is certainly welcome- let me know what ya think about prices- the best thing you can do if you aren't looking to spend a lot is go to a used gun shop and looked around- i got my savage .17 for about 40 dollars less than MSRP brand new at a good gun shop by my house

----------------
and yes redman golden blend owns me as well- unfortunately i cant' seem to suck any nicotine out of the stuff but it sure tastes good-

Thanks a lot for you help, I went today to Books A Million and read two books

1. Turkey Hunting Basics
2. Advanced Turkey huntin

they were both very informative and help

yeah man, turkey hunting is BADASS fun- i can still remember the first turkey i got- i mean deer hutning is fun, but where i'm from it's m ore of a passive type of hunting- with turkey's you get to call and having a conversation with a turkey is just as much fun as killing one-

hunting is fun as hell i live in cali but i usually go back to michigan and deer hunt with my dad good shit

Back