1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have a pocket bike?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by ilikepie, Jan 20, 2004.

1. ilikepie

ilikepie Senior Member

Ok. I recently bought a 47 cc pocket bike... took me a while to get it started the first time but finally it did. then i noticed the carb was being kinda stupid so i adjusted the air. then it was running a little better.. quit riding it for awhile and started riding it again, now whenever i turn the fuel on, it just starts pouring out the resivior tube thing. do you think the float is stuck or something, cause the damn thing is brand new and i dont want to take the damn carb apart. well any help is very appreciated. thanks

2. mwvnos

mwvnos Senior Member

the float may be stuck or you could have sucked up a piece of something in your gass and it got stuck in the carb....had that happen to my 4wheeler and its the same system as a pocketbike....you might have to take your carb apart, i had to to fix the prob...

3. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

If it's brand new, take it back to the shop?

Carbs... aren't they great? They're so goddamn simple, even a stumpfuck hee haw inbred redneck can tune 'em, yet anyone that grew up on fuel injection is totally lost. :)

4. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

not true.

but if there something about cars and bikes ive learned, chris and carbs dont mix. ever.

5. ilikepie

ilikepie Senior Member

cant just take it back... ebay :( anyways. messed with it again.. i didnt turn the fuel on cause if i did then it leaks.. so i started it up and ran it for like 10 seconds and it ran fine. but another thing it does is i cant fully unchoke it. it rode fine when its half choked. but when you totally unchoke it, then it dies, even after being warm. it wont die though unless you sit on it and try to ride it. it will sit there unchoked just fine. fucking thing is pissin me off :angry:

6. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

Hm. Sounds like a jet is clogged. If you live somewhere near VT, I'll do a house call. I am, among being god of other things, a carb god. :)

7. ilikepie

ilikepie Senior Member

dont know anything could be clogged, brand new :p o well looks like i have to take the bitch apart.. it sucks too.. so fun for about 10 minutes :p

8. ilikepie

ilikepie Senior Member

oh btw i live in missouri loco. thanks for the offer anyways

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted