anyone have any dyi wire tuck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

o0ohferrealz

i just put my rex in my bodyshop at school.. and i wanna wire tuck my wires and shave all the holes.. does any have pics on how you did it.. or have any sites on how to do it. thanks

honda-tech.com has all that useless shit, looks nice but thats all it does and who knows how safe it is if something were to short in the cabin of the vehicle.

Quoted post[/post]]
honda-tech.com has all that useless shit, looks nice but thats all it does and who knows how safe it is if something were to short in the cabin of the vehicle.

:werd: you dont wanna have an electrical fire and not know where the fuck its comin from....espicially if your out drivin....dont do it bro...maybe nice....but not safe....and can u pass inspection like that anyway? :blink:

if youve never done it...dont ttry it...its not like changing a spark plug, i would pay a pro shop to do it [and they might not do it because of time] because IF something was to happen you can take it back....

i was going to attemp it, but i decided just to reroute some wires from the inside to the bay

You could check and see which wires are sensitive to length, then extend everything else so you can get it out of the way and into some kind of hidden channel.

Quoted post[/post]]
You could check and see which wires are sensitive to length, then extend everything else so you can get it out of the way and into some kind of hidden channel.
That's all it consists of, dont listen to the scared guys above.
Almost all of it is just relocating things and simple wire extensions. Thats it.
Where in that equation you get the idea of fire, I dont know, I'd like to though b/c I plan on doin this after watching it done on HT countless times.
Just get on HT, search search search. There's not really a straight up How To for it, but many people have done it, can explain and advise you in doing it, and lots of the posts include how it was done to an extent.
Just get on there do that and if you still think it's somethin you wanna do, hit up EF8KID, he's the undisputed king of Wire tucks on EF's, he's done a couple in his day...

Yup, pretty simple really... that's probably why you won't find anything too detailed. Extend wires, then tuck. I actually don't think there's anything in the engine harness that's sensitive to length- well, maybe everything after the distributor, but that's probably it.

dont listen to the scared guys above.

scared for him yes, what if this kid doesnt know anything about anything: groomets, soldering, depining....what if he tries to put the prop valve inside and gets no brakes and crashes... if hes asking the kinds of questions he is then he should let some one who knows do it... like asking his shop teacher

better safe than sorry, it will costs him 2x as much if some one has to clean up his mess

an entire engine "tuck" usualy includes the brake lines...i could be wrong...??

but i just saw the just wires part....

Back