Anyone have any Quick D16z6 horsepower tips?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Ok, here is the story, i just picked up a d16z6 and im trying to get it in the car by the 1st (3 days from now). I have most of the stuff to go turbo, but not enough money to get the last peices, so thats out of the question.

New years day around here is Hangover Nationals at the track, and i want to get this thing something respectable, shooting for 15.5 or better (doubtfull)
My setup as of now:
93 CX
R1 coilovers, stock shocks
D16z6 with hella miles
Si Tranny
findanza 8lb flywheel
pace setter header
No exaust (i figure its better than running the stock 1.5")
d15b camshaft
stock p28

My question is, is there anything else i can do to get any more hp out of it? I have a set of 310cc injectors, but i dont know if i can burn the fuel. I dont have any money to spend, and i still have to bolt everything togather and put it in the car in 2-3 days, including going to work. All i have is a pile of parts.

Anyone have any tips/tricks/ideas for me to get the HP up? or did i do about everything i can? I appreciate speedy responses b/c i dont have much time.

strip the interior? and sound deadning stuff? It'll be cheap but will take you a while.. And hey you could put the interior back in... Won't give you HP but it'll have the same effect as more HP (duh!)

don't forget about running with like a quarter tank of gas, pulling the spare tire and jack. sry, not much possible with current restraints.

dosterschill

Originally posted by dosterschill@Dec 29 2004, 03:18 PM
don't forget about running with like a quarter tank of gas, pulling the spare tire and jack. sry, not much possible with current restraints.

dosterschill
[post=438761]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks, i thought about weight reduction, but i dont think i have enough time. i have a total of about 12 hours of work available, and i still have to swap the cam, bolt the flywheel on, do the exaust, etc. then drop it into the car, and then put the coil overs on.

I dont think im gona be able to do the 15.5 now because i just pulled the tranny off of the motor, and its shot to shit. there is about 1/3 of a turn of play on the axles, and the input shaft bearing is totaly gone. i have to use my hybrid tranny that was ment for the turbo, but i think its gona slow me down N/A.

My hybrid tranny is a cx tranny with the si final drive. maybe it will help b/c i wont have to shift into 4th.
But who knows.

Any word on the injectors? should i leave them stock or put in the 310's?

i would leave the injectors stock since the computer isnt gonna know they are larger, its not gonna do a hell of a lot.

you can always advance your ignition timing, loose all the accessories, and, uh, something else......oh well, good luck

-Chris

zex nitrous takes like 45 mins to install.
i'd call that quick horsepower.
$400 for 75 horsepower.
best bang for your buck.

Originally posted by DTEC@Dec 29 2004, 08:28 PM
zex nitrous takes like 45 mins to install.
i'd call that quick horsepower.
$400 for 75 horsepower.
best bang for your buck.
[post=438875]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds good, but i have to borrow 20 bux for my oil and antifreze.

Back