1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Have Edelbrock Performerx Turbo?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by mbanks21, Jun 5, 2003.

1. mbanks21

mbanks21 Junior Member

Hey guys, does anyone have the Edelbrock Performer X turbokit? Its supposed to be one of the most complete turbokits on the market boasting 60% increase in hp with 6-7 psi. Heres some info from their website:

Performer-X Turbocharger System

Note: Fits Models with D16Y8 Engines Only

This complete and simple to install turbo kit gives D16Y8 SOHC Vtec owners an option to costly non-emissions legal engine swaps. The Garrett T28 ball bearing turbo comes pre-assembled as one unit with a Ni-resist cast exhaust manifold and a cast iron exhaust elbow for the simplest possible installation. A windshield pillar mounted boost gauge, o-ring seated flanges, a turbo oil supply adapter, and pre-assembled Russell oil, water, and fuel lines (no adapters or hose clamps) are also included in the package to make this one of the most complete kits on the market.

A high-performance Performer-X intake manifold with four extra injectors and a separate electronic controller are used as a means to supply enough fuel for the Vtec motor. The Edelbrock exhaust manifold and elbow are designed for maximum flow at high velocity for quicker turbo spool-up. Dyno tested output at 170 horsepower versus 105 horsepower at the wheels on a stock Civic, a 60% increase in power at 6 to 7 lbs. of boost with Performer-X kit.

Complete Kit Includes

Garrett T28 Ball Bearing Turbocharger

Edelbrock Designed Exhaust Manifold

Ceramic-Coated Steel Tubing

Tial Blow-Off Valve

Edelbrock Performer-X Intake Manifold

Over-Sized Spearco Intercooler

Cone Style Air Filter

Russell Oil Lines & Fittings

Windshield Pillar Mounted Boost Gauge

HP & Torque: 170 HP/140 ft-lbs Torque

Installation: Typical installations can be done in 16-21 hours. Performer-X Turbo systems are engineered for true OEM quality fit.

Ive seen prices from $3500-3800. Let me know if theres any feedback or interest in a kit like this.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

there's a thread 3 down from this.

3. mbanks21

mbanks21 Junior Member

Ya i know, that was for general info though. I want to know if anyone has one or would be interested in getting one if the price was right.

4. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

i dont quite understand...

are you looking to buy one?

or are you trying to sell one in a roundabout way?

that sounded like a sales pitch to me...

5. mbanks21

mbanks21 Junior Member

Well I might be able to get my hands on a few for a pretty good price. So I just wanted to present the facts about the system and find out if anyone is interested or has looked into buying one. Just wanted to hook some people up so I was trying to find out the price also to see how good the price I can get it for is.

6. HondaUnderoath

HondaUnderoath Junior Member

Actually i was wanting to get an edelbrock turbo for my del sol but i need the for the D16Z6...where as that one says D16y8...i called Autozone n they can order it for 3,100

7. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

depends on how good the price is...

8. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

this thread is 3 years old...this is getting really old.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted