Anyone Have Edelbrock Performerx Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mbanks21

Hey guys, does anyone have the Edelbrock Performer X turbokit? Its supposed to be one of the most complete turbokits on the market boasting 60% increase in hp with 6-7 psi. Heres some info from their website:

Performer-X Turbocharger System

Note: Fits Models with D16Y8 Engines Only

This complete and simple to install turbo kit gives D16Y8 SOHC Vtec owners an option to costly non-emissions legal engine swaps. The Garrett T28 ball bearing turbo comes pre-assembled as one unit with a Ni-resist cast exhaust manifold and a cast iron exhaust elbow for the simplest possible installation. A windshield pillar mounted boost gauge, o-ring seated flanges, a turbo oil supply adapter, and pre-assembled Russell oil, water, and fuel lines (no adapters or hose clamps) are also included in the package to make this one of the most complete kits on the market.

A high-performance Performer-X intake manifold with four extra injectors and a separate electronic controller are used as a means to supply enough fuel for the Vtec motor. The Edelbrock exhaust manifold and elbow are designed for maximum flow at high velocity for quicker turbo spool-up. Dyno tested output at 170 horsepower versus 105 horsepower at the wheels on a stock Civic, a 60% increase in power at 6 to 7 lbs. of boost with Performer-X kit.

Complete Kit Includes

Garrett T28 Ball Bearing Turbocharger

Edelbrock Designed Exhaust Manifold

Ceramic-Coated Steel Tubing

Tial Blow-Off Valve

Edelbrock Performer-X Intake Manifold

Over-Sized Spearco Intercooler

Cone Style Air Filter

Russell Oil Lines & Fittings

Windshield Pillar Mounted Boost Gauge

HP & Torque: 170 HP/140 ft-lbs Torque

Installation: Typical installations can be done in 16-21 hours. Performer-X Turbo systems are engineered for true OEM quality fit.

Ive seen prices from $3500-3800. Let me know if theres any feedback or interest in a kit like this.

Ya i know, that was for general info though. I want to know if anyone has one or would be interested in getting one if the price was right.

i dont quite understand...

are you looking to buy one?

or are you trying to sell one in a roundabout way?

that sounded like a sales pitch to me...

Well I might be able to get my hands on a few for a pretty good price. So I just wanted to present the facts about the system and find out if anyone is interested or has looked into buying one. Just wanted to hook some people up so I was trying to find out the price also to see how good the price I can get it for is.

Actually i was wanting to get an edelbrock turbo for my del sol but i need the for the D16Z6...where as that one says D16y8...i called Autozone n they can order it for 3,100

Back