anyone heard of this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

superstrom

Has anyone heard of honda or any other company, in limited numbers creating a 3.2 liter 4-cylinder that puts out roughly anywhere from 350-425 HP but is lighter than a D16 series engine for honda cars? If it exist it would possibly be used for racing purposes in japan. Possibly called a J-spec? Specs may be off..... has anyone heard of anything like this frankenstein of an engine or anything similar?

Thank You

Sincerely,

Truth finder

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 9 2003, 05:23 AM
a frank is an ls/vtec. and not 1 makes half that power without some boost.

There are some all motor B series engines making that kind of power to the crank- the lower figure, not the 400+ one.

:)

i thought that frankenstein was h23 with h22 head on there

Originally posted by red95solsi@Oct 9 2003, 11:05 AM
i thought that frankenstein was h23 with h22 head on there

Basically any engine with a head swap can be called a Frankenstein... it's just a slang term anyway.

has anyone seen/heard about that B-series crate engine that's being made now? i can't think of who makes it...

If you want a N/A motor that has 350 hp, take a b20 block, bore it about 10 over and put some high compression pistons in it, along with rods, get it resleeved, and put a b18c5 head on it, put new racing cams in that motherfucker, with valves, retainers etc., and get it port and polished. Also P&P the intake manifold. Mill the head enough for like 15 to 1 compression and run race fuel in it, maybe youll get 350 hp.

O and i guess this doesn't answer you question, I'll answer it, THERE IS NO *STOCK* HONDA ENGINE THAT MAKES OVER 300 HP. If you want it do it yourself.
Go turbo, youll get alot more hp than N/A

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 9 2003, 06:09 PM
has anyone seen/heard about that B-series crate engine that's being made now? i can't think of who makes it...

Dart makes one, and another company in Japan has been making them for a while, but they are expensive.

Payn Tech is great, plus they are only 30 minutes from me. He showed up to a redline meet with his black type R (wing and lip removed, all badges shaved) with a new 2.0 dart block in her. He was saying that it felt like a 12.1-12.2 setup. He also said that in 2 weeks, he was going to pull the engine and put something else in there. Must be nice to do that every few weeks.

They do cost around 10K and with that much to spend I (or you) could build many things to own a 220HP motor. The block sounds promising though. As our B-series pool runs dry there will be many more of these bottom ends used.
And a 4 cly with a displacement of 3.5 to 4 would tap out lower than a Mustang- very un-Honda, unless they are jumping into the tractor business with both feet. :D

i think toyota is the only company that has made a 4cyl engine over 3 liters. they used it in a japanese model suv/truck. i think . . .

Back