1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone here done the domani/el front end on an EK?

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by stmotorsports, Sep 4, 2004.

1. stmotorsports

stmotorsports Senior Member

so has anyone here done this? I'm just wondering whats involved and what exactly are differences (if any) between the JDM Domani and Canadian- spec EL...

Also, can you use the stock EK front bumper cover with the domani/el headlights/hood/fenders/etc? They look real similar...(??)

A friend of mine has a '99 Si he's offering to sell me real cheap cause he's got his eye on a newer Si hatch. My 1st priority would be to change the front end ( hate those triangular headlights) but he's already got a sweet body kit on the car so I'd want to keep that if possible & just change the headlights and stuff...

??

2. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

an easier method may be just to mold in new lights?
    fiber glass andd time are all you need (well plus body filler kitty hair paint)

3. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

Your making it sound easy and cheap, if body work of that nature was so easy more people would do it.

You have to know what your doing to make it look right. You also have to know how to use fiberglass.

Beginners should not attempt to mold anything except speaker boxes (this is a good start), and nothing that actually is on the car body, because if it comes out horrible then your shit outta luck.

4. Riseagain97

Riseagain97 New Member

im getting ready to do it.. its all bolt on , it involves fenders, headlights,hood, bumper and bumper support.. which replaces your headlight support instead of them being seperate you unbolt those peices and replace it with the domani/ el bumper support which is one big piece but theres no cutting needed its all bolt on! but you cant use your EK or Ej bumper the headlights are diff the domani bumper is flat and the ek/ej bumper has the things that hold the grill, but id go to www.clubel.ca they own ELs there the ones who directed me to the information on the conversion.. i should have mine done by the end of the month i can post pics.. it wont match the car tho but u can see !

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  5. oths88

oths88 New Member

how much did u pick up the front end for cause im looking into doing it on my ek hatch two

6. sufikation

sufikation Active Member

when you make it look like this you have done it right.

Attached Files:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted