anyone here done the domani/el front end on an EK?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

so has anyone here done this? I'm just wondering whats involved and what exactly are differences (if any) between the JDM Domani and Canadian- spec EL...

Also, can you use the stock EK front bumper cover with the domani/el headlights/hood/fenders/etc? They look real similar...(??)

A friend of mine has a '99 Si he's offering to sell me real cheap cause he's got his eye on a newer Si hatch. My 1st priority would be to change the front end ( hate those triangular headlights) but he's already got a sweet body kit on the car so I'd want to keep that if possible & just change the headlights and stuff...

??

an easier method may be just to mold in new lights?
fiber glass andd time are all you need (well plus body filler kitty hair paint)

Your making it sound easy and cheap, if body work of that nature was so easy more people would do it.

You have to know what your doing to make it look right. You also have to know how to use fiberglass.

Beginners should not attempt to mold anything except speaker boxes (this is a good start), and nothing that actually is on the car body, because if it comes out horrible then your shit outta luck.

im getting ready to do it.. its all bolt on , it involves fenders, headlights,hood, bumper and bumper support.. which replaces your headlight support instead of them being seperate you unbolt those peices and replace it with the domani/ el bumper support which is one big piece but theres no cutting needed its all bolt on! but you cant use your EK or Ej bumper the headlights are diff the domani bumper is flat and the ek/ej bumper has the things that hold the grill, but id go to www.clubel.ca they own ELs there the ones who directed me to the information on the conversion.. i should have mine done by the end of the month i can post pics.. it wont match the car tho but u can see !

Last edited:
when you make it look like this you have done it right.

Attachments

• acuraelhb.jpg
    acuraelhb.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 50,468
Back