Anyone here have a Fit???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
do they even make any aftermarket parts for that damn car???:confused:

TeamUrbanChaos said:
do they even make any aftermarket parts for that damn car???:confused:

TONS

They're just not very widespread in the US... yet. Did you buy one?

By the way- the L15A engine is so choked down. It's already been proven that a simple decent I/H/E setup will get you 10-15hp more without much trouble. Skunk2 is already turbocharging one. Mugen dropped a K20 into one a few years ago. You just have to search for the information- it's out there, and it's not hidden.

i dont have one but this broad from my job just picked up an orange and and shes lookin for mods for it.

Too heavy? They only weigh 2300 pounds. Considering all the safety and emissions equipment you have to have on new cars now, plus all the interior space the Fit has, 2300 pounds is pretty light.

Calesta said:
Too heavy? They only weigh 2300 pounds. Considering all the safety and emissions equipment you have to have on new cars now, plus all the interior space the Fit has, 2300 pounds is pretty light.

I was thinking the same thing...lighter than any integra, and more space on the inside. I kinda want one, but I am looking at an insight before I ever get a fit.

I'm proud to say I got my FiT in April, before the official Canadian launch. I pestered the dealers for weeks and they finally sold me one to get rid of me. Mine is the Storm Silver Metallic MT. Very nice car. I upgraded to an aluminum shift knob and it made a huge difference in the feel of the shifts. Very cool.

But I need some nice rims because I got the balck steelies with those awful cheap wheel covers.

MikeBergy said:
I was thinking the same thing...lighter than any integra, and more space on the inside. I kinda want one, but I am looking at an insight before I ever get a fit.

Nah. I would actually like both, but the Fit is ever more practical (duh). I don't think it's lighter than ANY Integra though- just the DC. I think the 90-93 could get under 2300 pounds, but I'm not 100% sure. Gotta look it up.

A turbo Insight would be awesome to build and drive though!

gottabeahatch said:
I'm proud to say I got my FiT in April, before the official Canadian launch. I pestered the dealers for weeks and they finally sold me one to get rid of me. Mine is the Storm Silver Metallic MT. Very nice car. I upgraded to an aluminum shift knob and it made a huge difference in the feel of the shifts. Very cool.

But I need some nice rims because I got the balck steelies with those awful cheap wheel covers.

At least you didn't waste money on the big alloys... although the Sport package is more than worth it for the price if you're not planning to mod the car. You can get pretty much any aftermarket wheel that's meant for the Civic and bolt it onto the Fit. The bolt patterns are the same, and I think the offset is too. Just run taller tires. Lightweight 18s on a mildly lowered Fit with the OEM lip kit would look really nice!

Well... I mean you can use any aftermarket wheel too. You can get a nice set of lightweight Rotas for less than $500 most of the time.

on the lighter note .. I meant for its size it seems heavy. Compare
1st & 2nd generation Integras ran this weight & had better powerplants
To a lessor degree until the 6th generation, various Civics beat the Fit's weight.

Calesta said:
Skunk2 is already turbocharging one.

Ya... if you watch Street Tuner Challenge on SPEED... Skunk2 has a fit abd is working on a GTI and some other team is working on a v6 mustang... Skunk2 is turbo charging the stock engine in the FIT... Should be interesting to see what kind of HP they are putting down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back