Anyone Here Have Or Try Z10 Radius Rods?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 17 2003, 07:40 PM

jimfab doesn't recommend for street use

the Z10's can be used for street tho right? I saw someguy used them on the street for 3500 miles and they work fine

Originally posted by TypeRcivic+whenever-->
TypeRcivic @ whenever) said:
the Z10's can be used for street tho right? I saw someguy used them on the street for 3500 miles and they work fine

I've had mine on for about... 24k miles and it's been just fine.

pissedoffsol
@later than whenever
and yes, they are more than streetable. check out ffgeoff's post of the autoCAD. Keep in mind- ffgeoff DESIGNED the z10 rods when he worked for z10.
HE even says jimfab owns z10. what more proof do you want? :p

Where does it say that he designed them? I might have to "upgrade" later, since these weren't available when I bought my Z10s. I haven't had any problems with binding on my setup though, and that's really with some pretty extreme compression in the front suspension.

it doesn't say it anywhere- but i "knew" him back when he did. he desgned those and the blcok girdle before working for maxrev, and now running his own shop- full-race.com

I got a email from Jim andit will clear up the streetable issue

Originally posted by Jim
John

i do recommend that the 92+ crossmembers are good for street use , it
is the
88-91 crosmembers we do not recommend i am sorry about the confusion, i
will
change the site to make it more part specific, we have gotten allot of
questions about that.

thanks again-jim

This picture is a little large, but it better illustrates the difference between the JIMFAB bars and the Z10 bars:

s3e5355b552745.jpg

Ideally, you want the traction bars to share the EXACT SAME ROTATIONAL AXIS as the lower control arms. If the traction bars and the LCAs share the same rotational axis, then they will both function as one large lower A arm, and no binding will occur. If the JIMFAB unit is the same distance from the wheel as the LCA, but mounts higher or lower than the rotational axis of the LCA, there will still be potential binding.

One argument you can make here in favor of the Z10 setup is that the bars are long enough to not move much beyond a straight up/down motion, so they won't really bind. Like I said, I haven't had a problem with the Z10 bars since I put them on almost a year ago. Realistically, the point that the traction bars mount on doesn't move much beyond that straight up/down, so the longer Z10 bar with the large radius of motion doesn't affect the motion of the LCA that much. It still will, but not to a significant amount unless you start experiencing enough compression to turn the LCA up at a pretty extreme angle, like 30 degrees or something crazy like that.

The ideal position for a traction bar to be anchored would be right along that pivot axis, so you effectively create one large lower suspension arm. Hopefully the JIMFAB unit does this... and hopefully my diagram helps you guys out some.

:)

i just contacted jimfab and i will be buying a set for the 91 civic they are the best looking well belt kit i have seen i was going z10 till i read this tread now jimfab

So could I use these on my 90 crx dx? If they arent streetable what would happen if I did drive on them on the weekends? What parts does this kit put stress on? Just wondering.

Back