anyone here with ADD?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
just wondering if anyone here has or has had ADD or AHDD or ADHD or whatever the fuck...

if so do you just live with it or have you ever been medicated?

I think most of my childhood occured before the explosion of ADD diagnoses.

That said, I'm pretty sure I would have been diagnosed with some sort of inattentiveness disorder. I usually had trouble focusing on anything in class that I wasn't interested in (English, Social Studies, Government, etc), and I would almost never read assigned reading that wasn't something I'd be interested in on my own.

I dunno. Like I said, I was never diagnosed. But it wouldn't surprise me if I had been, or would be in the future.

For the record, I was a straight-A student in high school (Honor Society blah blah), and a B-student in college.

well, sometimes when i post i think i should be on it cuz holy shit i got my volks in the mail and my brakes should be coming in soon but drugs are bad and i wouldn't take them anyway so what are we talking about?

i had all the classical symptoms throught out childhood till present day but have never been tested or diagnosed...

my teachers would always complain that i would make anything into a toy, whether it was just a pencil and eraser, i would find someway to entertain myself...

i dunno, just having a hard time concentrating... nothing really new to me really...
thoughts just always bouncing all over the place...

i was just reading about ritalin and found out that its suprisingly similar to meth, or amphetamines in general...
i always heard that ritalin would be the same as speed for someone without ADD...

Have it. Took meds. What do you want to know about it. I've been tested and retested and all sorts of things done. Ask away.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 12 2005, 06:47 PM
i had all the classical symptoms throught out childhood till present day but have never been tested or diagnosed...

my teachers would always complain that i would make anything into a toy, whether it was just a pencil and eraser, i would find someway to entertain myself...

i dunno, just having a hard time concentrating... nothing really new to me really...
thoughts just always bouncing all over the place...

i was just reading about ritalin and found out that its suprisingly similar to meth, or amphetamines in general...
i always heard that ritalin would be the same as speed for someone without ADD...
[post=486353]Quoted post[/post]​

You're right, it is almost the same as speed. I thought it would be fun to take a lot so I could do better on my tests (6th grade thinking) so I took about 15x my normal amount one day. It felt like all my hair was falling out and I couldn't sit still for a second. That was my last time trying that out. They also give adults Prozac for ADD sometimes. I never tried that, but I found that when I got older, my attention problems only existed for things I wasn't interested in and I would "hyperfocus" on things that I was interested in. I did awesome in math, science, but hated and did poorly in English and history. I still was able to pull off a 31 on my act because of my high scores in math and sci. Its kinda a blessing now I think...but it for sure wasn't when I was in school.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Apr 12 2005, 05:41 PM
I think most of my childhood occured before the explosion of ADD diagnoses.
[post=486346]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

No ADD and no meds here.

i have adhd same thing just means im more hyper. i tryed ritalin and it made me flip out so i just try to deal with it.

i don't wanna brag or anything, but i honestly have no idea how i got through college... i went everywhere to try and study, pent house in my residential tower, study lounges, the 2 diffrent libraries on campus, private study rooms, my dorm room...

no matter where i was i could not study, i could never concentrate...
and i made it through college with decent grades but i'm coming up on being out for 3 years...

i am seriously thinking about the CPA exam this year, which would mean studying with no life for a solid 3 months for a 2 day test in november...
the only problem is, tax law and accounting in general is not exactly the most interesting thing in the world... i could sit down and study hondas for days on end, but i know how its gonna go for this CPA test... and i see myself going down in flames...

so i was thinking about talking to my doctor about this lack of concentration and see if perhaps some kind of medication would be beneficial for me during this time period..

now a few problems, i LOVE caffeine, and anything resembling uppers, never did meth, or amphetamines, or coke...(slightly addictive personality)... also a big fan of chemical euphoria...

so ritalin has effects somewhat like speed with a feeling of euphoria thrown in, or at least thats what my research has lead me to believe... so it seems like it could be pretty addictive...

>Big time ADD here, tested, but no meds. My parents never wanted me to be on medication, and they could keep me in line at home. But school was a different story. I turned out fine though, A student in High school, B student in college now. Just took some actual Parenting, not just medicating a kid up and sticking them in a day care.

Everyone has some form of ADD. I've taken ritalin, yes it is like speed to some, others it relaxes them. And for a joke..

How many add kids does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Lets go ride bikes!
:ph34r:

Lets go ride bikes!

rofl
but yeah everyone has it and becaus esomeone can make money off it its a disease and to fit in to the "norm"(which would be having add but isnt) you have to take drugs to be ok.

but yeah i think its all about parenting and media. how can you pay attention to one thing for more than 30 sec when all day long companys throw advertisments out at you changing every few sec bouncing you from a cheese burger to tampons to tickle me elmo back to the ramdom show ur watchig. its a conspericy. they tell you to be outgoing and spontanious. and then tell you that something is wrong if you act that way. damn the man

and back in the day kids would get hit and learn now a kid gets hit they go to court. if parents would learn to control kids we wouldnt have a disease that isnt even there.

and for thoes who have add and dont want to take perscription drugs there is the natural herb called st johns wart or something likew that. helps focus with out distorting. and also in the herb catagory a lil weed is a good thing.rip a tube or two and ur good

Originally posted by Think@Apr 12 2005, 07:22 PM

Lets go ride bikes!
:ph34r:
[post=486418]Quoted post[/post]​

Hahahaha.

This was my avatar for awhile:

av-79.gif

99% Of us populas has add or some form of it - they just want a reason to sell meds !

Originally posted by b204dr@Apr 13 2005, 09:57 AM
99% Of us populas has add or some form of it - they just want a reason to sell meds !
[post=486558]Quoted post[/post]​

+51265874
just because you dont pay attention dont mean shit, most kids that dont pay attention in school are teh smartest kids in thier class. some poeple need a challenge to keep them busy, and schools today def do not provde that challenge

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 12 2005, 06:33 PM
just wondering if anyone here has or has had ADD or AHDD or ADHD or whatever the fuck...

if so do you just live with it or have you ever been medicated?
[post=486333]Quoted post[/post]​

I had ADD when i was in elementary school and i used to take ritalin untill i hit 5th grade.

According to the doctor, i was just a hyperactive 9 year old . . . which sure isnt too uncommon.

Anyways, i used to be a serious pothead (this was through most of highschool) and i think that and drinking a lot made my hyperactiveness go away (or i just grew out of it).

. . maybe i still have ADD but i dont think it matters -> im doing fine in college academically.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Apr 13 2005, 08:51 AM

This was my avatar for awhile:

av-79.gif

[post=486555]Quoted post[/post]​

was? ive had it for a while and dont plan on changing it ever. it fits me well.

Originally posted by Blanco@Apr 12 2005, 06:56 PM
It's like I'm tweeked out if I'm 100% sober.
[post=486363]Quoted post[/post]​

hell yea. never been tested but i diagnosed myself. when i was little i had no problems but my high school wrestling team made me develop it. like 25 out of 30 kids had it and the rest of us truly developed it. maybe thats why i tried to do my suspension and motor at the same time and ran out of cash to finish either. but i would never touch ridalin. one of my childhood friends took a double dose of his ridalin and his heart stopped. luckily he was ok after i few shocks from the emts. now all he has is psychological problems.

Back