Anyone In here Play Guitar?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Those Dimebags are sweet guitars, Ji. I've played them a couple times and liked them alot. I am partial to the Ibanez JS1000 'Satch signature model. Very well balanced guitar with a nice, broad range of sounds. I just make my own guitars. I have an alder body Exlorer with EMG 81's I built myself and I just made a Strat last year. I even did my own inlay. :toot:

I've been playing the bass for about 6 years and been playin guitar for about 4 years.

When you're bored and have absolutely nothing to do, there nothing better than pullin up a chair, pullin out a guitar and rippin it up the chords. Punk Pop/Rock = easiest music to play, IMO.

AFI has always been my favorite to play, from they're old stuff to their new stuff.

Go here and check out the love of my life. We have been together for 11 years now. She even goes on tour with me! My green Les Paul....... :wub:
Look under MEMBERS then CODYgtr.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Mar 31 2004, 02:41 AM
Those Dimebags are sweet guitars, Ji. I've played them a couple times and liked them alot.

Washburn Dimebags: "Chunky like yo mama's butt cheeks."

Originally posted by senate_9427@Mar 30 2004, 07:10 PM
yeah thats jsut what i was thinkin. so other than the guitar and picks, dont i need a tuner?

oh yeah and no one answered the question about how to learn. Any good videos?

Get picks, a lot of high 'E' strings, as you will break a lot of them until you lean how to put them on right and even then you will break a few. Oh yeah a tuner is not a bad thing to have, as far as a video I say learn from friends or other people you know, you will learn a lot from them. If you can take lessons that will really help you out.

The Hybrid Slinkies are 46 on the low E. The eBG are from a set of Slinky 9's and the DAE are from a set of Slinky 10's, hence the name Hybrid.

i'm a big fan of dean markley blue steel's on my Paul. i love the feel and the tone.
i'm also a loser and rarely tune higher than Db, so i run 11-56's

Heh, you guys tune to "rhino fart"? J/P, I really want an Ibanez JEM7. Seven strings own, but i'm teh broke. :(

you run B on 52's? you're crazy. holy slinky batman. lol

Drop B that is. It helps to use a good solid guitar guys. A fat ass neck is the key. Im an OLD school metalhead that refuses to go seven string. The first time i saw one of those, it was a Steve Vai issue. :ghey: Im showing my age now...lol! Dont fall for the seven string, you dont need those at all bro. Buy a Les Paul :thumbsup:

I hate Gibson. The scale is too short. When I built my Explorer, I did so with a Fender 25 1/2 scale instead. :) Steve Vai is pretty badass. All those guys, Satch, Vai, Johnson, they're all amazing.

<----doesnt know jack aobut gituars, but knows that Orange and Mesa own for heads.....thats about it.

I love my strat....but hate my amp!:lol:

btw - its an american strat, not some cheap mexican knockoff.

i want a mesa triple rect, but i'mnot in a band and can't see spending that kind of cash on it. for now, i have a 2x12 carvin solid state that is good enough to rock out to. sounds damn good with the paul and the pod hooked up

Back