1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in Raleigh/Durham area?

Discussion in 'South East' started by lsvtec, May 30, 2005.

1. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

I am going to be here until the middle of August, just wondering if anyone else is here.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Bump for Eric.

3. lsvtec

Nobody huh? Not that I blame anyone, this is not my first choice either. Though it has been nice so far. I imagine that the humidity will start to grate on me and my no AC as it gets hotter.

4. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

Psch, Raleigh is a fabulous place to be, just very very void of auto venues. I've been here for years. PM me if you need to know whats around.

5. phunky.buddha

If you could handle Austin in the summer, you should be ok.

6. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

Done texas in the summer, doesn't hold a candle to NC's humidity, it is a tick warmer though.

7. phunky.buddha

Well, it depends where in Texas you were during that summer. Austin isn't bad- but Houston and Galveston really suck.

8. lsvtec

Austin was no problem but it has already been significantly more humid, but cooler. So I guess we will see how the weather holds.

The area is very nice, but I find the tree density to be claustrophobic. I am used to seeing horizon on at least one side and now I get 30' worth of visibility on either side of the highway. However there seems to be no end of things to do in the area with UNC and Duke around. And the peope here are much more friendly than I found in Louisiana, Mississippi, or Alabama. I found the independent theater three days ago and saw The Downfall (excellent movie if you are at all interested in anything to do with Germany circa 1930-1945).

9. chops95ex

chops95ex Junior Member

Im about 2 hours south of you. A little past Fayetteville. And yes, the humidity does take some getting used to. I lived Phoenix for a while,big difference. If you get bored in Raleigh/Durham, you should really take a trip to Myrtle Beach SC. Its a little bit of a drive but once your their, you wont want to leave. Now is the best time to go. You should go at least once before you leave. Its its own little world, with endless women. CHECK IT OUT! :drinks_drunk:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted