Anyone interested in a cheap del sol?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Aug 5 2004, 08:38 PM-->
Originally posted by Natalie171017@Aug 5 2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Aug 5 2004, 11:33 AM
Natalie171017
@Aug 5 2004, 12:02 AM
are u still selling? If so emial me at Angel_hphs@yahoo.com
[post=372827]Quoted post[/post]​

I am still selling as soon as I get another car.
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

Any pics?
[post=373175]Quoted post[/post]​

I've yet to take them, but i can get them.

Like I said the car is pretty beat and has a serious rust problem but its still a decent parts car especially for a car with desireable parts like the sol.

As for the other guy, I live in Northern NJ...sussex county. I have like 5 offers for $600 right now. Whatever my best offer is I go with.
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

is it automatic?

Its 5spd manual, not automatic.

I live in Northern New Jersey. Sussex County, more specifically in the town of Stanhope. Thats about 45mins from NYC, half hour from the delaware water gap, two hours from atlantic city/toms river, 45mins from Monmouth county, etc., etc. I'm pretty familiar with the surrounding area so if you dont know where I live I can tell you how far I am from you and if I dont know I'll mapquest it.

Pictures added.

I might want it, running condition? But I only have 400 right now, if I save (i can try) until next week, I'll probably take it off your hands.

I have a whole bunch of people willing to pay 900 for the sol. But I wouldn't rely on them, they'll spend the money before they even get out of their driveway. I've showed at least 10 people this thread, they all want it but they won't have the money for like 2 weeks. I on the otherhand would buy it if I didn't need to buy civic parts. I'll let you know if any of them have the money in hand for sure, but if you get offers before then just sell it.

BUMP

Im not being a dick or nothing but why the hell would you part this car it would take less then an hour to fix with parts and around maybe $250 or less you should have seen my delsol when i bought it.Better yet you should have seen my friends that he fliped and fixed it. Your delsol has hardly any damage at all put it on autotrader and put around $2000 on it i bet you will get it...Later..

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Sep 18 2004, 12:29 PM
I have a whole bunch of people willing to pay 900 for the sol. But I wouldn't rely on them, they'll spend the money before they even get out of their driveway. I've showed at least 10 people this thread, they all want it but they won't have the money for like 2 weeks. I on the otherhand would buy it if I didn't need to buy civic parts. I'll let you know if any of them have the money in hand for sure, but if you get offers before then just sell it.

BUMP
[post=391884]Quoted post[/post]​

I am in need of a daily driver

I am also friends with the owner of an auto transport company, so getting it to MN probably isn't a big deal

you mentioned a "bad tranny" - be more specific please, what does it do? what are the symptoms?

will you let me have a mechanic check it over first?

Originally posted by diamondthief@Sep 30 2004, 05:42 AM
I am in need of a daily driver

I am also friends with the owner of an auto transport company, so getting it to MN probably isn't a big deal

you mentioned a "bad tranny" - be more specific please, what does it do? what are the symptoms?

will you let me have a mechanic check it over first?
[post=396628]Quoted post[/post]​

it whirls

no grinds

probably could use an alignment.

biggest problem is the rust in the rear quarter, its all the way through.

i've been driving it daily and I believe it now has close to 129k on the odo.

probably not worth the money to have a mechanic look at it, its a fixer up car like i said. most likely a swap canidate, or canidate for someone wanting to do some body work.

slap some z3 fenders on there. put a new rear quarter panel in, pull/fill some dents, cheap paint job or DIY, some new cheap tires, and an alignment. it should run fine then. if you feel the need you can swap the engine or tranny but I've driven on this tranny for 25k + without any grinds or any problems ever just a whirling sound.

$1100 cash/money order + you arrange and pay for shipping and I dont care what you do with the thing. I just need money quickly to get another car and the guys who were supposed to be buying and came and looked at it and after they saw it said that they were definately going to buy it, are taking too long for my taste to come up with the cash.

bump

I've heard from numerous people that it could actually be a pilot bearing and not a synchro, since the tranny runs smoothly and no grinds I would probably assume thats a better guess.

It might be the throwout bearing those useually go out fast then a clutch i know i had 2 of them blowout the little arms on them get weak and break and it can break a hole in the tranny while drivingand they break i know this for a fact so be really careful in it when driving it baby it..THe noise i was getinng the same whirl noise from mine both times when the throwout bearing snapped...Try that for anyone who buys this still a damn good price for it...Later

Originally posted by rush3969@Oct 4 2004, 04:23 PM
It might be the throwout bearing those useually go out fast then a clutch i know i had 2 of them blowout the little arms on them get weak and break and it can break a hole in the tranny while drivingand they break i know this for a fact so be really careful in it when driving it baby it..THe noise i was getinng the same whirl noise from mine both times when the throwout bearing snapped...Try that for anyone who buys this still a damn good price for it...Later
[post=398149]Quoted post[/post]​

originally we thought it was a throwout bearing but then because of when the clutch being depressed it didnt make the noise we thought it may be something else

so its either a pilot bearing or a throwout bearing

Back