Anyone interested in a D16A1 swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
My crx chassis is not fairing so well so anyone here looking for a cheap 1st gen CRX swap should PM me... You can get the whole car, remove drivetrain and bolt it into yours.

Or perhaps you have a cheap 1st gen shell you wanna sell...?

I got a 86 civic si hb you can have for a few bones...I just want the trany out of it. will need a u-haul tow to your house.

can i see some pics of the HB
i think you already have them up somewhere...

if i come all the way there, you still interested in an EW4 motor? and i might have a trans to go with it too...

Untitled

I'm good for the motor, and I'll try to get the trany yanked from the civic before you take it...I loved the way it shifted....

the hatch's come with the same EW4 as the crx's right?

when you say you're good for the motor? that mean you want it or you have plenty already?

don't go pulling the trans on my account just yet, i need to get some things squared away to figure out what i'm doing with the car

you ever have panhard bar issues with one of these first gen's?
i'm read of it before so i'm guessing its pretty common...?

in the pics, you'll see the new motor I built. :D

No issues on the panhard for my cars...they are both solid...even the HB...it's got a solid rust free panhard bar and support...but the drivers seatwell has rust, and the fender got fubar...it's a decent canidate for a swap...will need a lot of work for paint and body, but the mechanicals are sound. PLus it already has tokico HP's on all corners, Eibach springs, and Advan A048's. It drove great but one of the stealies was bent so it shakes when it drives...but a solid shake. I filled the rain gutter area with bondo...and it's craking cause I didn't finish the job. Seats are still comfortable and the sterio is gone. It's a little musty from the humid months, and prolly would be better to just strip out the interior and make it a track only care with a race seat and engine...but the way it handles...it'd kill on the autocross with a little hp.

And the D15A3 is what it comes with...the motor I have in it now was mint and peppy, but I hit a long sweeping corner while low on oil, and the oil didn't get to the bearings...drop a fresh block in and the spare trany I have and your good to go for 32mpg.

Back