anyone into fish tanks? check this one out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/diy_1700g_tank_1.php

also heres my 29 gal.... I still wish I got the 55 gallon tank =( ohwell

btw my life cycle is just starting to smooth out "water getting where I need it to be" so in the next week or two I will stock it right now I only have 10 fish
6 tetras 2 angels and 2 clown fish "aka nemo"

s3fe6779e6b6dc.jpg

s3fe677dd5305b.jpg

Nice setup jeffie !!!

I got a 60 gal and had some red bellied pirhanas in there. There were cool for a while as fry...but when they got older they started acting REAL shy and skittish...

so they werent much to look at because they were always hiding behind rocks and whatever. I threw in 6 small chiclids to see what would happen, and all but one blue guy got eaten....After a few months the blue chiclid started punking the pirhanas ....shit was hella funny.

Im thinking of re-setting up my 60 gal, and putting in some community fish like u got there....

one thing i dont understand tho...

why are you going thru the whole "cycle" procedure for? are you planning on putting any expensive fish in there?

For fresh water I always just threw in some water conditioner and that other stuff...it came in a orange bottle and in a green bottle, waited an hour and dumped everything in there.....i mean i know its the "correct" way to do it....but I never had any problems in the 18+ years in dealing with aquariums...

just trying to go by the books thats all =)

what did you think of the 1700 gallon tank? =)

Originally posted by jeffie7@Dec 22 2003, 01:03 AM
just trying to go by the books thats all =)

what did you think of the 1700 gallon tank? =)

love it.

unfortunately i dont have the technical know-how nor the patience to build one of those things myself...

but that gave me a few ideas for when im in the market for a home after I finally graduate :D

I also would want some octopi? octopusses? in there as well....some lobster and crabs...and since I live 6 miles from the pacific ocean, I dont think those creatures would be too hard to come by : )

damn you jeffie....

I got a small 5 gal in my garage collecting dust....now i got the urge to dust it off tomorrow and dump in a few angelfish and a couple of small froggies :p

i think that is my official project for tomorrow :D

we had a beta, which my brother named "Flodo" it was cool looking but dies about 3 mos after we got it. we now have 2 australian frogs *forgot what kind exactly..* in a 5 gal tank. thier both about an inch long, but kinda cool to watch!

just get 3 bettas 8 tetras and 2 angle fish

that should make for a pretty 5 gallon tank

Originally posted by jeffie7@Dec 22 2003, 01:48 AM
just get 3 bettas 8 tetras and 2 angle fish

that should make for a pretty 5 gallon tank

its one of those..."desk" aquariums....u think that wouldnt be too much fish?
it is more high than it is wide....

Wow...That is one insane setup. I could only imagine the price tag.....

yea and i think that is too many fish for a 5 gallon. the rule is like 2" of fish per gallon.

as far as setting up the water, the safest way is to buy some hearty fish like tetras first and let them live in it for like 2-4 weeks to get the "biological filter" (a.k.a. good bacteria) going...then it will be safe for other fish. dont be surprised if some of the first fish die because before the biological filter gets going, ammonia levels will get lethal inside the tank. its just part of the setup process. i have a 10 gallon and a 5 gallon with tetras and goldfish in them. some of my fish are like 6 years old.

I used to have a 20Gal long tank set up. I want to do a salt water tank next,

http://www.preusspets.com/marine.jsp

that's the pet store that i get all of my reptile stuff from, but from what i hear from my friends who are into salt tanks they have some of the best stuff in michigan...

the setups in person are amazing.. there is one 2000+ gallon tank there that is insane...

Back