Anyone into Kayaking?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Well, with the dogs diagnosis, she need excersize..and I do to...this strike is making me fat, anyways, the doc said that the dog needs to get into the water more often, since the water will take all the weight off her hips, and she can build muscle up in the hip thats bad...so the plan is to get back to some outdoor stuff besides motorsports. And today, me and the wife was walking around the mall, and found a outdoors shop, and I think there was the answer....a damn kayak.

I used to play around on them when I was a kid, but never had a real intrest until now....it's still an intrest though... theres a few lakes around the house, and when the water gets warm enough for the dog to be comfortable in it, then I might search for a simple setup to paddle around with, and hey...if the beer gut gets worked off while giving the dog some excercize...then I'm all for it.

Anyone into it, doing it, and enjoying it?

got an old set up for sale? Cheap? :laugh:

i can't swin, cannoe?

lol.

Spammy Davis Junior just passing through :p

you should just take her up to the lake. throw some sticks in the lake and fetch em back. if you stand on shore, she can stay in the water all the time.

the dog can't swim for ever... so i don't think boating is going to be something you can do while the dog is swimming...

I have seen people take dogs out with there kayaks. make sure you get the right type of kayak for the water you are going in. there are sea kayaks (they are long and narrow for going in larger bodies of water) and then there are moving water types. (they are fat and mobile so you can turn and maneuver around) if your dog is somewhat mobile you can take it out there, and when she gets tired just pull her up onto the kayak. it's a fun hobby but its expensive.

Back