anyone into punk?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
some friend of one of my 12 year old cousins got my name on yahoo, and started talkin to me.....

it's sad what today's children are being fed. observe:

martini_with_olives: let me guess, Blink 182 and Simple Plan are punk too, right?
peggy969: yeah, i like them!!!! I have the Simple Plan CD and I WANT the Blink 182 CD!!
martini_with_olives: oookay
martini_with_olives: thats all pop music
peggy969: Now I THOUGHT Avril Lavine wuz punk but that wuz when I didnt kno what punk even wuz so I really screwed up there!!!!!! She is a big poser!!!!
peggy969: Okay then name me a REAL punk singer!!
martini_with_olives: shes just as much of a poser as those other bands are
martini_with_olives: a real punk singer?
martini_with_olives: easy!
martini_with_olives: scratch that, punk BAND
martini_with_olives: rancid
martini_with_olives: H20
peggy969: no shes a REAL poser!!!!
martini_with_olives: Sex Pistols
martini_with_olives: MxPx
martini_with_olives: Rollins Band
peggy969: arent they all like heavy metal bands??
martini_with_olives: Crux
martini_with_olives: NO! THAT IS PUNK!
martini_with_olives: you little kids dont understand
martini_with_olives: what you think is punk is pop
martini_with_olives: punk is NOT played on mtv
martini_with_olives: punk is NOT played on the radio
peggy969: Punk is a cross between punk and pop and a lil rock
martini_with_olives: LMFAO
martini_with_olives: you couldn't be more wrong
peggy969: yez it iz
martini_with_olives: punk is a cross between itsself and pop?
martini_with_olives: that makes no sense
peggy969: oops
martini_with_olives: punk has nothing to do with pop
peggy969: i meant to say a cross between pop and rock
martini_with_olives: lmfao
martini_with_olives: punk has nothing to do with pop!
peggy969: do you listen to 101X??
martini_with_olives: i dont konw what that is
peggy969: the radio station...
peggy969: 101.5
martini_with_olives: um
martini_with_olives: i dont live anywhere close to you
peggy969: oooo yyyeeeaaahhhh
peggy969: DER DER DER!!!!!!! lol
peggy969: well it iz a punk rock station......and they play GC!! and Blink and Simple Plan!!
martini_with_olives: apparently it isn't a punk rock station then
martini_with_olives: just because someone says it's punk, doesn't mean it's punk
martini_with_olives: you're like...10
martini_with_olives: you have so much to learn

~~~~

peggy969: have you seen the way she dresses now??
martini_with_olives: no
martini_with_olives: ooh, does she dress "punk"
martini_with_olives: ?
peggy969: she dresses punk, or she think she duz
martini_with_olives: yeah i bet
peggy969: i try to dress punkl
peggy969: punk*
martini_with_olives: do you have a Ramones t-shirt?
peggy969: um...........no
martini_with_olives: then you arent punk
martini_with_olives: how do you define "punk"
peggy969: i shop at punk stores
martini_with_olives: LMFAO
peggy969: there are alot of different wayz 2 describe punk
martini_with_olives: you are pathetic...you arent punk because you shop at what someone on a tv commercial tells you is a "punk" store
martini_with_olives: "punk" is doing whatever the fuck you want, and dressing however the fuck you want
martini_with_olives: if you shop at a "trend" store, you're just being another part of a trend
martini_with_olives: punk is all about originality, not trying to be what someone on MTV tells you to be
martini_with_olives: you want to be original, just like everyone else
martini_with_olives: right?

~~~~

peggy969: N/M!!!!!!! you jess dont get yourself or me!!! im not a poser, punk people skateboard right????????
peggy969: like avril lavine doesnt skate so iz that why shes a poser?????
martini_with_olives: lmfao

Those are queer bans.

I am a mild fan of Thursday and AFI, and that's about it for now. Nothing else is really sounding good or is pretty original.

I can't stand most main stream punk but then again thursday is quite mainstream.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Oct 22 2003, 01:38 AM
i hate punk rock. i like heavy/thrash metal

:werd:

Punk was good when each band had one or two cd's out. now there's 30938398373987398 punk bands and they all sound the same to me. Even each artist's songs sound the same to me. punk is dead, like grunge. :thumbsdown:

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@ Oct 21 2003, 08:38 PM
i like heavy/thrash metal

:werd:

ever heard of Training For Utopia, Candiria, Indecision, Alpha Jerk, Stealth.....

i could go on forever. hardcore music will never die.

old Deftones is decent, their new cd sucks thogh. i dunno if they're hardcore or not...they're decent thogh.

as far as metal, i'm a big fan of slayer, oblation, pantera, cannibal corpse......

i could go on forever.

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 22 2003, 01:43 AM
old Deftones is decent, their new cd sucks thogh. i dunno if they're hardcore or not...they're decent thogh.

When me and my friends went to the Columbus Summer Sanitarium tour...the first band we saw was Deftones...all I gotta say is beyond their one song I knew :thumbsdown: x4. They sucked.

We were too late for Mudvayne...i like them. but we saw Linkin Park.. :thumbsup: x800, Limp Bizkit.. :thumbsup: x4 and Metallica...:thumbsup: x 1000000 x infinity. :lol: First concert ever for me (I'm a loser..) and it was also the best. :worthy:

I was in the punk scene for a while in high school, it was more of a rebellion against so called society and it was pretty stupid and boring. Real punk rock, honestly who gives a shit - it's just music guys. I hate the entire corporate this and those guys sold out, this that, thats not punk it's mainstream. Whatever the argument is, save your time, listen to what you want, it's just music.

Yes I understand its an art, but some people just take it to an extreme.

rancid
Sex Pistols
MxPx
Rollins Band
Black Flag
Skinny Puppy
Misfits

I love punk music
there's no replacement for the origianl punk bands none today even come close. you'll never be able to replace Sid.

martini_with_olives: do you have a Ramones t-shirt?
You should of asked him if he had a Sid and Nancy Shirt.

I agree social distortion is cool.

I wanna smack all these kids around here. They wear AFI and GC shirts. THey look like complete fucking dorks getting a ride to school in there mom's expedition. Getting out with chains and spikes and too much hair gel. I love you Mom! I like "punk" bands. I like punk/pop or whatever too. I like rap or hip-hop, whatever the fuck you're supposed to call it. Dress how you want. I do. Faggots...

My uncles band is Blood Mary.
They are touring with slayer and Hed PE in the jagermeister fest I believe.

I wear somewhat preppy atire, yeah because it ljust feels great to have quality clothes, nothing resembling my taste in music at all.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Oct 22 2003, 03:56 AM
I love punk! Sum41, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Limp Bizkit, Ozzy Ozbourne, Pat Boone... those guys are SICCC!!!11

...... :blink: Exactly how is Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Ozzy punk?

Wait...I think I'm picking up the sarcasm...I dunno though. <_<

This guy's into punk...
s3f95c47e2bf31.jpg

i hate those preachy assholes who think they can define what something is or is not...but i also hate those kids that proclaim themselves to be "punk" with badass bands such as sum41 and blink 182. its like the rap scene, someproclaim themselves a "gangsta" when they've lived off mommies nipple their whole life, drive a 30k+ car or SUV and have never seen a bad time in their life. what defines true "punk" and not punk, its true the originals like the sex pistols or the clash will never be replaced, different time, different setting, different conditions.

Originally posted by zaneithan@Oct 22 2003, 04:17 AM
i hate those preachy assholes who think they can define what something is or is not...but i also hate those kids that proclaim themselves to be "punk" with badass bands such as sum41 and blink 182. its like the rap scene, someproclaim themselves a "gangsta" when they've lived off mommies nipple their whole life, drive a 30k+ car or SUV and have never seen a bad time in their life. what defines true "punk" and not punk, its true the originals like the sex pistols or the clash will never be replaced, different time, different setting, different conditions.

I hate it when people take entertainment shit too fucking seriously.

A punk is someone who does his own thing and doesn't sell out. which is why Green Day was banned by the first club they ever played in after they got a record deal. They sold out to the industry.

Read your previous post.

Back