Anyone know bout Neons?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well this project will never get off the ground or it may be put on hold because of my brothers death. I may decide to build in memory of him with the help of our lil brother. Because he is taking it really hard and I just want to spend time with him and MAKE THE TIME with him that I wasnt able to do in the past. Even though this car doesnt have a big block V8, he still loved the power and speed and the rush of going fast. He was excited when I started building my hatch and excited to see what it would do on the track so I know that he wouldve jumped at the chance to help out with this one.

well man sorry to hear that but it is totally understandable. if and when you decide to start this project again i will be more than willing to give ya any help i can.

no prob man and i forgot to say i am very sorry for your loss.

i had a 2001 Neon R/T and the main reason i got rid of it, is because alot of neon and srt drivers ARE in fact asshole, so i sold the damn thing quick, i just couldn't stand be associated with those R-Tards

i had a 2001 Neon R/T and the main reason i got rid of it, is because alot of neon and srt drivers ARE in fact asshole, so i sold the damn thing quick, i just couldn't stand be associated with those R-Tards

and you came back to hondas???? because there arent any flaming douche bags in the honda community right????

Wow could you be more ignorant, the same can be said about any car produced ever in the world, asshats drive hondas, nissans, bmws, etc. the list could go on forever, and its not never gonna change, every kid that gets his license thinks whatever vehicle he has is the best car ever in the history of cars which make them come off as an asshole to others. You did it, I did it, pretty much every guy has so get over yourself.

:werd:

the only difference being.... the car i had when i got my license... the 87 nova sittin on 13x12" deep dish 5 stars, with the 2 15's in the trunk, and the "T" shaped shifter that allowed me to comfortably hold a 40oz of Old English 800 in my right hand and still shift with ease, really was the greatest car evAr!!!!

:stfunoob:You dont like em, then thats you opinion. Take you asshat comments over to a juvenile forum that you will fit into perfectly.

I have had all kinds of cars since I started driving. I had a car and I really didnt care what it was. My first car was a K car.:D It was free and it got hit in the rear and I fixed it myself for $50and pocketed the rest from the insurance company. $750 is what they payed me for the damage. All it needed was the bumper struts. $49 @ cost. Ya people made fun of me for the car but hey, I was driving and they werent. They wanted mommy n daddy to buy them some sort of brand new expensive car. Mine was free and disposible. Hell all my cars were like that when I was young.

Mine was free and disposible. Hell all my cars were like that when I was young.

I went through alot of those cars... Oh wait i still am! lol

car%20crash.jpg
:doh: lol < Not really mine.

Last edited:
Bump.jpg

Well its finally home and in the shop. Just gotta wait for a free day to get the motor from the front shop to the back shop and strip the car down and start this damn project already.

Last edited:
Lookin nice Mike. I like that color.

Well we decided to keep this a track car. We are gonna run it the way it is now and throw down some numbers then maybe gut the interior and see what we get after that. We may get started on it in the next few weeks. Plus I need to find a trailer to haul it to & from the track. My dads trailer is in socal so we may just get a new one. An 18 ft to hold both the neon and the civic. The civic will become a track whore as well.

nice hopefully i can start puttin mine back together soon, thats if it will stay nice out for more than a day

I started tearing in to it today. Pulled the dash apart and started pulling the front end apart and removing the intercooler from the old bent up bumper and and cutting in the intercooler to the new bumper.

Im trying to figure out where to put the boost gauge. The old car had it in the A pillar but I dont like it there.

I will have better pics tomorrow. These are just crappy cell phone pics.

0321091704.jpg

0321091704a.jpg

0321091705.jpg

0321091843.jpg

0321091852.jpg

A few random shots of turbo & parts.

0321091800a.jpg

0321091800b.jpg

0321091801.jpg

0321091801a.jpg

0321091803.jpg

0321091800.jpg

Well I did a lil more work yesterday. Got the motor and trans separated & got the motor on a stand and drain the oil out of the motor to pull the pan off so I can see whats actually inside of this thing just to get a better understanding of it. I have also found out that the motor and trans has about 4000-5000 miles on it since its complete rebuild.

0327091748a.jpg

0327091748b.jpg

0330091756.jpg

0330091757.jpg

Well it has JE pistons and Eagle H-Beam rods. I will be pulling the valve cover tomorrow to find out what cam it has. I have been told it has a Crower cam in it.

0330091649.jpg

0330091650.jpg

I will be pulling the valve cover tomorrow to find out what cam it has. I have been told it has a Crower cam in it.

nice i am gonna guess it is a crane number 12 cam that was the popular turbo grind. but if it does have a crower it will prolly be equivlent to the crane one that i have which is the 12. do yourself a favor and ditch the slush box

Back