Anyone know gas/lp/propane heat?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
So I think my boss's tenants let the gas run out from the cottage.
It was a gas stove plus a gas heater one 2 floors.

Floor 2 - Held pilot for a minute, igniter works, pilot lights.
Let pilot run for a minute, let off pilot, goes out. Repeated 2x more times, finally got pilot to stay on and switched the heater to on position. Wait for it, Wait for it Wait for it, heat does not come on, pilot ends up going back out never to come on again. Help pilot for probably another 10 minutes periodically hitting the igniter and still no luck.

Downstairs - help pilot for at least 10 minutes, hitting ignitor, no pilot flame, nothing. Ignitor fires in a back location so not sure it its firing off a spark of not.

Cooking stove, downstairs, fires all 4 burners without a second thought and they run fine.

WTF?

check the reg, or replace it.

I have a small heater in the garage that blew out the seals at the unit's manifold from to much ice build up when I had a bad tank. Found that if you open the propane tank, put finger over nozzle, let the pressure build up to open the reg's safety release valve, which will be a "click" or a "ting", then have the igniter ready to go when you release your finger from nozzle...works fine. The reg will not open fully on the propane line until full pressure is met on the other side of the line, it will seep enough to fill the line and to find the pressure equalized over time if the seals are good, or to lite a pilot burner, but won't operate if there is a leak right before the burner. Sounds like you might have a bad o-ring somewhere in the line.

it's probably best to call the gas company to come troubleshoot it....

I have the same problems every year with my mobile home.

don't run the bitch unless I have to.
having a loud explosion going on in my kitchen is scary as hell...

good luck

Back