1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know headhunters in Pittsburgh, PA area?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by dacheat, Sep 9, 2009.

1. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

My manager has moved to Pittsburgh so her hubby can go to CMI. Our employer has forced her to resign because he doesn't want to deal with a remote employee for 18 months (stupid). She's an MBA, and has an impressive resume with 10yrs experience:

Product & Experience Design Manager at Intuit
    Program Manager II at Microsoft : RTC
    Web Developer at Microsoft : MSN
    Intern Producer, Ad Operations at Infospace

Why I care: she's been sooooo good to work for. I want good things to happen for her! Anything you can do or anyone you know...PM me - thanks.

PS she's completely functional as a remote/telecommuting employee as well. Open to FT/contract. Avail Oct 5.

1 person likes this.
  2. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

"forced to resign" is no better than fired. If she ends up having trouble, unemployment may be an option.

3. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

good point! i shared that with her, she hadn't even thought of it as an option until you pointed it out. basically there is a company-wide policy of supporting remote/telecommuting employees (and there are hundreds of them!) but we were recently reorganized into a new group within the company that is anti, so my mgr is now having to resign or not live with her husband while he goes to CMI. intolerable!

i feel like if it's a corporate policy, an internal group within the company shouldn't be able to force employees to ignore or abstain from the policy to the point of losing their jobs or severely changing their living situation (have to maintain two households?!).

strong grounds for unemployment benefits, i think!

(but, she still wants / needs a job in Pittsburgh, PA)

4. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Well sure, but the unemployment would at least help if she can't find anything before having to move.

5. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

she already moved...she's there now. just obligated to finish a couple more weeks (remotely, haha) for our current employer. but yeah. again - thanks for the heads up on that.

bump for anyone that knows any "ins" to the Pittsburgh job market!

6. EF9_Hatch

EF9_Hatch Yeah

I'm really good friends with the manager of a recruiting firm.. If you want, I can turn her resume in and see what he can do for her.

7. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

yes please! PM'ing you...

8. UNDR8D

UNDR8D ...has a job!

I recommend talking to Jacqui Pressley at ACT-1. I'm not sure how high their staffing capabilities go but she is super nice and has a lot of resources. (412) 787-2403. Worth a shot.

9. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

i'm sure there's a local modis, techIT, cybercoders, or other typical head hunter group out there

10. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

right - i'm sure she has been working the local firms...i was hoping to get her a slightly more personal contact through referral - kinda like how turbomirage comes to HS sometimes with some work opportunities, etc.

thanks everyone for the suggestions - i forward them to her and she seems to appreciate it.

:thumbsup:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted