Anyone know how pink stocks work (bankrupt)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

visa launches wednesday, 37-42 a share.

where did you hear your need backing to get in on the IPO?

either way, i wouldn't buy at ipo. i anticiapte a solid 5-10% drop a few days in.

Visa's IPO is this month, but you need a massive amount of backing to be eligible for that IPO after Mastercard did so well with their IPO.
visa's ipo was hard to get. it already went to syndicate and shares have been distributed. unless you buy on every IPO out there, you didn't get any. we had several high (very high) net worth clients that wanted some, but since they dont' buy on every IPO, they didn't get any. and they wanted a lot too. and unless you go to a huge brokerage house, you wont get any either.
either way, i wouldn't buy at ipo. i anticiapte a solid 5-10% drop a few days in.
this will drop. the stock is overpriced for one and the market sucks ass for two.

visa launches wednesday, 37-42 a share.

where did you hear your need backing to get in on the IPO?

Common knowledge.

Big IPOs don't go to people who spend $5,000 to $10,000 in the market, they go to people who buy blocks of shares and spend $1million in the market.

Also, you two are out of your fucking gords. Visa isn't overpriced. Mastercard debuted at $42 a share, and went well into the 200's and spiked again during the announcement of Fed. rate cuts.

You two numb skulls think that Visa will drop from the $42 a share? Its going to go to AT LEAST $125 a share.

MasterCard (MA) rises on Fed action - BloggingStocks

People are already shorting Mastercard with Visa's IPO, but regardless both stocks will hover in the 100's.

if this stock is going to hit a huge spike immediately, don't you think it would sell for more? why would VISA cut themselves short of money.

IPO stocks are priced comparitive to other similar stocks in the market. in the long term, yes it will rise. short term, not so much.

if this stock is going to hit a huge spike immediately, don't you think it would sell for more? why would VISA cut themselves short of money.

IPO stocks are priced comparitive to other similar stocks in the market. in the long term, yes it will rise. short term, not so much.

You're kidding, right? Its called the first day pop, i-bankers always try to price the stock so there's a 10-15% job from the primary market to the secondary market.

Visa isn't going public because its hurting for money, its going public because so many people want to own the stock.

Short term it will rise and long term it will rise. I doubt this stock will ever fall short of the price it reaches when it first enters the secondary market.

I'll repeat, you're out of your gords if you don't think this stock is headed for the hundreds. I know plenty of people who wanted in on this IPO. I have a friend that works over at RBC and he had to turn away a number of clients, who buy massive amounts of stocks and IPOs, that wanted the Visa IPO. The one client has bought practically every IPO there was over the last year and has seen about 60% returns on his money and my friend still wasn't sure that he would be able to get him into Visa's IPO.

This will be big.

Back