Anyone know if 801 numbers are free?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
Hey, does anyone know if 801 numbers are free?

I need to call Cobb Tuning and this is the number I found on their website, 1 801 713 0035.

They suck ass at replying to e-mails, which I sent on May 25th so I'll have to call them. I just want to know if I'm going to be paying $2.00 a minute.

Quoted post[/post]]
call the phone company and ask them. they should be able to help you.

I google searched but couldn't come up with anything more than ads, I was hoping someone would have some experience and thus some information.

I was going to call with my cell, because its free long distance, I just didn't know if it was a toll number or not.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
801 is located in the Salt Lake City area: http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/users/bsy/area.html

i was just going to say that. I used to live in utah. I've never heard of cobb tuning. what are you looking for there?

Cobb has been tuning subarus for a long, long while.

I have a WRX with a Cobb AccessECU its their old form of engine management before the Cobb AccessPORT debuted. I need to upgrade, but I'm one of the few with the AccessECU left, they offer a special upgrade price supposedly but since it rarely happens anymore its not on the website. It was originally $100 but now I think its $200.

Whatever, in short I want to get ahold of them because I need to upgrade because I'm on the completely wrong map considering the upgrades my car has undergone and I did some custom stuff so I need what they call a protune which is basically a street tune or a dyno tune. I can't do the protune with an AccessECU.

gotcha. i was always around hondas and nissans when i lived there. the subarus weren't as popular when i lived there as they are now. they were still new.

Quoted post[/post]]
get skype y0

I've heard it mentioned but I really have no idea about what it is or whats different with it.

Basically, I'd like to be on a different engine management then the Cobb because I'm building my car to be a monster daily driver so I'm doing custom stuff like port, polished and coated stock headers, intake manifold, throttle body, tgv (the tumbler valves for emissions) deletes and port matching, pnp + coated stocker turbo (td04 - insta spool), underdriven and lightweight pulley kit add that to my upgraded TMIC, turboback exhaust, and uppipe that are already on and suspension.

The cobb maps aren't going to have things specific enough to what I have, which is why I need the protune but another engine management system might match up better to my mods. I've heard good things about ECUtek and UTEC, that they're learning ecu's and they learn and pick up power as they go even after a professional tune - like a good amount 10-20awhp was what one tuner said.

Cobb also only supports the vf series of turbos, along with the mitsu td04, but I don't think I'm going to leave the td04 and if I do its probably going to be a twin scroll turbo thats super fast spool up - so that would probably mean I would get a vf series turbo.

The reason why I'm going AccessPort is its a $200 upgrade and the previous owner already fronted the cash for the AccessECU. I'm $200 away from engine management plus a $150 protune.

Back