Anyone Know This Turbo's Specs?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zueke

Does anyone know what kind of turbo a Ford Probe GT (1989) has, and any specifications on it, or where I could find any? Despite me trying to find information online, I haven't thus far.

A friend of my brother's wrecked her car and wants to sell off some of the parts. If the turbo will mesh well with the crappy little D16 in my Sol, I was thinking to steal the intercooler, BOV (assuming it has one), and turbo from the car. That plus a little for injectors, charge lines, oil lines, an oil cooler, turbo manifold, and Hondata and I'd have a little turbo setup to last me thru college! That'd certainly be easier to save up for rather than an LS swap and buildup on a college budget.

Any information would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Sweet. So, another question... Since the probe engine is an I-4 engine, should I steal things like the injectors and possibly the exhaust manifold from it as well? I do have a machinest that can do work for me, so I was thinking to check everything for holding pressure. Any ideas what I should offer her for the turbo & everything else? (I should be somewhat fair)

actually its a IHI RHB5 VJ11
its about the size of a T25 (flows about half of what a T3 does)
offer $100 tops

:worthy:

God, I really love how you guys are so quick at these posts!!! Thanks! So, does my checklist sound accurate as to what I should grab from the car?
1) Turbo
2) Intercooler
3) Injectors
4) BOV & Wastegate (if not internal)
5) maybe charge lines if they are the same size as my home-made CAI?
6) exhaust manifold for machinest to "work on" to fit the D16?

So, I'm thinking to buy everything for $100 or so, assuming the turbo is in good shape. She bought another probe for $180 to fix up with her car's left over parts, so I figure that's a good price to offer.

If the turbo is similar to a T25, shouldn't it spool mega fast too?

im not sure if the intercooler or injectors will work
im pretty sure the wastegate is internal

Hmmm? IHI? What car am I thinking about that used a basic T-3 besides the Turbo Coupe Thunderbird, and SVO Mustang?

That POS turbo v6 Sunbird thing?

yo I used to own a 13 sec p3 PGT but i had alot of friends that owned 89 turbos but if i was u i would check and see if the system can still hold pressure but if it can jump on it cause if u tune it rite ur car would be mad fast cause that turbo if built rite with stand alot of boost.

yo I used to own a 13 sec 93 PGT but i had alot of friends that owned 89 turbos but if i was u i would check and see if the system can still hold pressure but if it can jump on it cause if u tune it rite ur car would be mad fast cause that turbo if built rite with stand alot of boost.

Back