1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know weight of this counterweight?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by vmk23, Oct 20, 2003.

1. vmk23

vmk23 Member

When short throw shifer was insalled, the counterweight under the shifter was cut-off to clear exhaust. I'm getting vibrations so i need to put some sort of weight back on. The weight is actually attatched to the rod that connects to the bottom of the shifter. Basically i just need a rough estimate of how much weight to put pack on.

Thanks,
    VINCE

2. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

no way to answer without knowing some facts.
    what short shifter did you use.

3. vmk23

vmk23 Member

The shifter shouldn't matter should it? I can't remember where i got the shifter but it's pretty generic i think. I just need to know what the stock counterweight weighs. It's seperate from the shifter but is connected to the shift linkage??? radius rod? i don't know whatever is between the shifter and the trasmission that moves the gears. It can't be that heavy of a counter weight or shifting would be hard.

4. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

It would help iuf you gave us all the info like your engine, car, what tranny you are ising, etc.

5. vmk23

vmk23 Member

It's an 88 CRX with a D16Y8 (98 civic Si motor). Should be stock CRX part from the looks of it. I called 2 dealers they were no help.

Thanks,
    VINCE

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted