Anyone know weight of this counterweight?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vmk23

When short throw shifer was insalled, the counterweight under the shifter was cut-off to clear exhaust. I'm getting vibrations so i need to put some sort of weight back on. The weight is actually attatched to the rod that connects to the bottom of the shifter. Basically i just need a rough estimate of how much weight to put pack on.

Thanks,
VINCE

no way to answer without knowing some facts.
what short shifter did you use.

The shifter shouldn't matter should it? I can't remember where i got the shifter but it's pretty generic i think. I just need to know what the stock counterweight weighs. It's seperate from the shifter but is connected to the shift linkage??? radius rod? i don't know whatever is between the shifter and the trasmission that moves the gears. It can't be that heavy of a counter weight or shifting would be hard.

It would help iuf you gave us all the info like your engine, car, what tranny you are ising, etc.

It's an 88 CRX with a D16Y8 (98 civic Si motor). Should be stock CRX part from the looks of it. I called 2 dealers they were no help.

Thanks,
VINCE

Back