Anyone live in Clear Lake Mn or near there?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

E-dogg

Ok heres the deal. I bought two CRX's from this guy which I have spoken about here many times. Anyway I had ALOT of problems getting the cars from him after I paid and had to have the police speak to him. When he delivered the 2nd car he didn't bring the title to it. So I need that title and he won't return my calls. So..... I was wondering if anyone lived there and could possibly go grab the title from em, if he agrees to it?? Since I bought two CRX's from him I noticed that the other title wasn't even in his name. So I went ahead and did a CARFAX on the 2nd car and low and behold he never registered the vehicle in his name. I was hoping the carfax could tell me who the car was last registered to but it didn't. I then called the Arizona DMV (where the car is actually titled at still) and they said they can't tell me whose name the title is in. So as you can see I have kinda exhausted all my ideas. I was told I can apply for a bonded title in Ia but I have to put up 1.5x what the vehicle books at. Maybe this sounds lame brained or whatever but I am kinda against a wall here. I can't do anything with the car if I have no title. I would be willing to pay someone if they could procure the title. So I figure if someone is willing to do this I can call the guy and leave a message or whatever and ask if it's ok if someone picks the title up or whatever. I doubt he will respond though since he won't take 5 minutes to mail it to me. Anyway if this is just a stupid idea and someone has a better idea please let me know. This is just the last thing I could think of. Thanks!!!

dude that sucks, best of luck getting the title. I dont live anywhere close to him, but I am sure someone will help you out.

sorry to hear that

call the p0lice again, have them get in touch with him one more time

its not so unusual to sell a car you never registered in your own name...

all depends on what sort of business you do...
i have sold many cars that i never transfered to my name...
transfering = sales tax and a 6 week wait on a title...

Back