anyone near chicago need a good d16a6?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c5crxtasy

This engine is still running strong.

it came from a 1989 crx si, no leaks, runs very well, comes with all sensors, intake manifold, fuel rail, injectors, no power steering, no a/c, alternator is junkyard-style but works. motor has estimated 182,000 on it. history is as follows: motor came from cali, nice yellow si. came over here my buddy bought it from this old lady (orig owner) because she finally burned the stock clutch out at 170,000 miles. anyway he had better plans for this yellow si (b16a1). so my 90 si got a little swap since it's old motor was done when i bought it. ever since immaculate care to the engine and clockwork oil changes. does not include ecu. transmission has never been a problem at all no grinds or damage. i drive this car every day and i do not ever take it past redline. for the last 2 years i've owned it have always warmed the engine up to 1500 rpm, or almost 2 min before moving the thing. never bring it to red until well in normal operating temperature. double clutch all the time would consider decent driver. never just slam it into gear and grind it up. clutch has 10-13,000 miles on it.

i know this is detailed but i cared about this little d block....

moving on to b18a1 stock head for now but eventually lsvtec
currently have the absolute coolest cleanest jdm itr 4.785 lsd tranny
doing type r oil pump....

i'm pulling out all the stops and my car is going to be inactive for a bit while i get the engine bay ready and everything so i'm getting rid of my d block and tranny.

i'm saying i'll let it go for 400 with tranny because it's still strong. i would recommend that once it's out do the timing belt, water pump, tensioner kit for like 80 bux on ebay and that engine's down for another 40,000 easy. if anyone feels this is too much contact me i am open for suggestions. will ship if necessary but will be better if you were from chicago area.

okay here's an edit and this is why i'm looking for 400. i just purchased a 175 dollar brand new distributor for this from distributor king on ebay...no problems with it at all just wanted to throw that out there.... includes starter motor, trans, engine, fuck axles too if you want them, motor mounts too, all sensors. someone throw me a fucking bone here if 400 is too much for all that with injectors (set of 4).

thanks
josh

if you need individual parts, that can be contributed from a perfectly running d16a6, i will take it off just give me a price and i'll hook it up: stock cams, valvetrain, whole bottom end, almost brand new distributor.

josh

i can't disable my motor till the 25th of august now due to different circumstances with new parts i need to obtain.....need a radiator really bad now and a few other things in the meantime.

i need the distributor from a 88-91 si would you want to sell yours..i have 40 with your name on it...give me a call at 847-456-7553

Back