Anyone need a new shifter?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=658181

Im not quite sure I understand....

bg_shifter5.jpg

The right shifter can make a difference. Not sure if that's the right one, but hey.. to someone it's neat.

Ever hear of "RatFink"?

-> Steve

it's that long so that she shifter is right next to the steering wheel so you dont have to move your hand very far to shift?

i shall call the: Homer shifter :doh:

Moves it closer to the steering wheel = less time your hands are off the wheel = better car control. Why do you think all the WRC cars had dash mount shifters and then paddles like F1?

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Nov 17 2003, 12:42 AM
It's so.... phallic looking. Hahaha!!!!!!! :lol:

you just keep telling yourself that...

hmmmm someone buy it and tell us. but it keeps the stock throw..so wouldnt you need to shift "farther"? like move the knob more foward and backward.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Nov 17 2003, 12:48 AM
hmmmm someone buy it and tell us. but it keeps the stock throw..so wouldnt you need to shift "farther"? like move the knob more foward and backward.

No, it keeps the throw stock meaning, if your stock shifter moves 3" at the top of the ar, so does this one. Why don't you buy it? Ask for it for Christmas. I'd hit it up, but the AllTrac has a cable shifter, and the 1200 will have a cable shifter too.

if it was for rally style then the bend in the shifter would place the shifter CLOSER to the wheel not back farther from it

wouldnt that make you have the longest throw in the world???

Originally posted by jeffie7@Nov 17 2003, 01:10 AM
if it was for rally style then the bend in the shifter would place the shifter CLOSER to the wheel not back farther from it

You need some room there so you can reach the HVAC and radio controls. Also, you need it close enough to your body so you're not reaching to put it in 5th. It's taller, putting it MUCH closer to the wheel than what it was. Like it was said in the HT post (if any of you bothered to read it), go drive the '03 Si and you'll see how much better that shifter position feels. Trust me- if you're knocking it, you don't know what you're talking about.

i saw that on fastlines site a few weeks ago :thumbsup:
the thing i like most about my skunk2 shifter in my sol now is the fact that it kept the same throw and raised the knob up about 3 inches closer to the wheel (and it feels very solid going into the gears)

if i get more into road coursing my car i will most likely purchace that shifter

read the site they explain quite well what this shifter is for and even have some animated illustrations for the tards that dont like to read
http://www.fastlineperformance.com/shifter.htm

i have dealt with fastline before (bought the race version of the skid plate for the JDM ITR header)

good people :thumbsup:
good products :thumbsup:

Back