anyone no good rod and piston set up for D16 ..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out sponsor FJT on D-series.org and onecamonly.com If you're going all-motor, he has H-beam rods and P29 piston combos. They're also working on new I-Beam rods that are on order; with custom sizes to correct the compression height with Vitara pistons.

Aright ill check it out I just wanna upgrade my rods and pistons I was thinkin about puting on turbo or nos dnt no yet and I believe compression ratio is desc on stock D16 but I jus wanna have the back up in the engine in case sumthin does go wrong w/ boost..

If something goes wrong because of boost...it's most likely because you turned it up too high and threw a rod through the block, you'd need a new engine.

I dnt think a N/A D16 can make the rods go through the block I wanna get 160 or 170 to wheels before boost I like to rev it to red line and it red lines at 6800.. to much stress on it can throw a stock rod or piston right after revvin it high too many times?? but w/ an after market 1 it should be ok.. Would u throw a turbo on a Stock D16 block?? idk compression ratio on stock rods and pistons to handle boost..

worlds_greatest_ninja.jpg

THREAD NINJA!

:withstupid:

search? google? really.

There are plenty of Y8's that have put rods through blocks...with stock power. 160170whp is pretty much a "higher up" NA build. If you're going turbo, just go with the Vitara setup with the H-Beam rods.

Stock D16s don't have too high of an compression. Plenty of guys with homemade turbo setups are making around 200whp on stock blocks.

I dnt think a N/A D16 can make the rods go through the block I wanna get 160 or 170 to wheels before boost I like to rev it to red line and it red lines at 6800.. to much stress on it can throw a stock rod or piston right after revvin it high too many times?? but w/ an after market 1 it should be ok.. Would u throw a turbo on a Stock D16 block?? idk compression ratio on stock rods and pistons to handle boost..

Well, you think wrong..

Good luck, you're talking about a 1.6 SOHC, 100 hp per liter NA isn't as easy to get as you think. Just build it for FI and turbo that bitch.

You rev your car to redline all day don't you, you should stop doing that, and start only when you need to.

That's your stress right there, revving it to redline all day, and yes you will cause damage after repeated abuse and possibly send a rod through the block.

Um, just because you upgrade doesn't mean excessive abuse isn't going to cause stress on the motor.

Are you a pitcher or really pissed off? You talk about throwing pieces of your motor a lot.

But yes, you can build a suitable turbo kit for a stock D16. Doesn't mean your engine is in well enough condition stock for it to be a good idea.

Do a compression test at least to give you some kind of idea of what condition your motors in. This doesn't involve throwing anything so it might not be your cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back