Anyone on here use Chantix?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does nicotine/tobacco hit some people harder then others? I've smoked a LOT of cigerettes/cigars over the last 10 years or so, both while drinking and not, and to this day I've still never had a craving for one... :confused:
I don't crave them unless I'm drunk and others are smoking. When sober, I don't crave at all. I smoked for a year or two, then decided to quit one day. Just stopped buying them and haven't bought a pack since. I don't think it's the occasional smoking that keeps you addicted, it's buying them and having them on hand. I guess some people are more susceptible to nicotine addition than others. I must be lucky.

I don't crave them unless I'm drunk and others are smoking. When sober, I don't crave at all. I smoked for a year or two, then decided to quit one day. Just stopped buying them and haven't bought a pack since. I don't think it's the occasional smoking that keeps you addicted, it's buying them and having them on hand. I guess some people are more susceptible to nicotine addition than others. I must be lucky.

Might just be the fact that its cold as fuck in alaska and it sucks to go outside. A buddy from Anchorage said that Anchorage's smoking laws are more strict than Dallas' which I find difficult to believe.

He did tell me a story about like some bar with bubble windows or some shit so people could still smoke indoors. It didnt last long from what he said, but i also don't know how much truth is in that statement either.

I think the reason I still smoke is due to boredom. Before I smoked I just ate chips when I was bored. Now I just eat lunch and dinner and smoke when I would have been snacking.

Might just be the fact that its cold as fuck in alaska and it sucks to go outside. A buddy from Anchorage said that Anchorage's smoking laws are more strict than Dallas' which I find difficult to believe.

He did tell me a story about like some bar with bubble windows or some shit so people could still smoke indoors. It didnt last long from what he said, but i also don't know how much truth is in that statement either.
In Fairbanks/North Pole there are still lots of places where you can smoke indoors, but it is hilarious to see the fiends outside in 40 below weather sucking their fags with numb fingers ^_^

The problem with chantix is that it simply fucks with your brain's pleasure receptors.

it makes smoking not pleasureable... but it also makes everything ELSE not pleasurable either.
hence, people getting emo and suicidal.

The real problem, is that once you stop taking chanitx, your brain opens up to pleasure receptors again and your body will start craving the smokes again.

so, it's a decent way to quit and to get you rbody off it, but you have to WANT it after your done taking the pill.

Everyone i know who took it quit, but has since re-started again.

so what you're saying here is that my already low sex drive is going to be lower if i take chantix.

fml

10 day update:

Alright so far it has be 10 days since I have started taking Chantix. The first week was pretty routine. You still smoke while the medication is building up in your system. No side effects to speak of just make sure you take it on a full stomach and with a full glass of water. I have heard if you don't some people suffer from sever nausea. My "Quit Day" was last Friday but I had a couple on Sat and Sun to finish off the pack. It is actually pretty amazing the meds work. Usually I get a pretty heavy buzz first cig of the day and a small buzz during other smoke breaks. I was smoking about a pack a week so I wasn't a heavy smoker by any means.

Since taking the Chantix I actually didn't feel any of the usual buzzy feeling on Sat or Sunday. Yesterday I didn't even smoke at all and had zero cravings. Today so far the same thing. I actually haven't even thought about smoking at all. So so far so good.

As for the dreams - yeah they happen, they are vivid and they are WAY COOL. I started to get them about the 4-5 day taking the starter pack. While I haven't had any really wacked out dreams all of the ones I have had are very vivid in all areas of the senses. It seems to me that what I am watching/listening to as I fall asleep on tv have some effect on the material in the dreams. After I started the bigger does on Sunday they became more intense. I can say that I am actually enjoying them and have a laugh the next morning as I talk about them with my wife.

So far so good on day two of kicking the habbit for the last time. Stay tuned

10 day update:
As for the dreams - yeah they happen, they are vivid and they are WAY COOL. I started to get them about the 4-5 day taking the starter pack. While I haven't had any really wacked out dreams all of the ones I have had are very vivid in all areas of the senses. It seems to me that what I am watching/listening to as I fall asleep on tv have some effect on the material in the dreams. After I started the bigger does on Sunday they became more intense. I can say that I am actually enjoying them and have a laugh the next morning as I talk about them with my wife.

So far so good on day two of kicking the habbit for the last time. Stay tuned

almost every one of my dreams involved me destroying my civic in some way. but they were intense.

camping is intense.

:D

glad it's going good for you so far.

They key is when you STOP taking the pill that you don't go back to it.... especially if you're going back to the typical summer job.

Back