Anyone Own A Motorcycle?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NoJokE

I want a motorcycle and want an opinion as to which is a good one to start off with. Im willing to spend around $2,500-$4,500.

i've been riding since i was like 11 and i've ridden just about every brand and size of bike out there.
for a beginner I would recommend a Honda or a Kawasaki. Honda's are lots of fun cuz they're a great all around bike(performance, comfort, reliability).
A Kawasaki ZX-6R is a great bike too because they're not all that powerful and they're pretty forgiving.
If you buy a Honda, go with a CBR600F4 or F4i. They're a great beginner and intermediate motorcycle.

With about $5000 you can find a descent 600cc bike. Just whatever you do don't buy a Suzuki, if you're not careful you'll hurt yourself on a GSXR. Yamaha's are good too but they have a uncomfortable riding position.

Bikes are awesome and I give much respect to those who can ride them and stay alive, I would not last a month on a bike, I just know I wouldn't...that is why I have two project cars. It's a tough decision, Im 27 and I still think I would kill myself on a bike, so I dump my money into my cars....

good luck with your search and make sure you can handle what you get....

-Matt
1994 Civic CX - full D16Z6 swap
1997 Spyder GST - 12's :D

Originally posted by rsaeini@Apr 22 2003, 02:45 PM
Just whatever you do don't buy a Suzuki, if you're not careful you'll hurt yourself on a GSXR. Yamaha's are good too but they have a uncomfortable riding position.

im sorry, but i have to disagree. If your not careful, you can hurt yourself on any bike. Your making it sound like it will only happen on a gixxer and he shouldnt buy one cuz of that, and thats rediculous. And the crappy positioning is a matter of opinion, some people say its good some people say it sux. just go get on one and see if YOUR comfortable.

You can pick up any decent 600cc bike in the 3-5g range. im in the shoppin for my 929 :D and its got my swap on hold.. :angry:

go with a GSXR 600.....GREAT all around bike. you can pick up a 98 for 45 easy! enjoy ridin!

Originally posted by paragus+Apr 22 2003, 06:57 PM-->
@Apr 22 2003, 02:45 PM
Just whatever you do don't buy a Suzuki, if you're not careful you'll hurt yourself on a GSXR. Yamaha's are good too but they have a uncomfortable riding position.

im sorry, but i have to disagree. If your not careful, you can hurt yourself on any bike. Your making it sound like it will only happen on a gixxer and he shouldnt buy one cuz of that, and thats rediculous. And the crappy positioning is a matter of opinion, some people say its good some people say it sux. just go get on one and see if YOUR comfortable.

You can pick up any decent 600cc bike in the 3-5g range. im in the shoppin for my 929 :D and its got my swap on hold.. :angry:

the reason i said don't buy a gixxer is cuz he's a beginner and IMO the Suzuki's are for more experienced riders cuz they got a lot of torque and the power delivery tends to be a little more jerky than any other bikes i'v ridden. for a begginer a Honda 600 is almost the perfect bike cuz it's a pretty tame bike until to rev the life out of it. you know what i mean?
sorry if i didn't explain correctly.

now i understand what ya mean... i cant disagree and i cant agree with you on that, ive never ridden a gixxer. I just hear that they are good all around bikes like djvox said. but im just biased towards hondas... dont ask me why :rolleyes:

Back