Anyone own an electric shaver?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
Researching electric razors a bit. I was always curious about them and always thought about giving them a shot but a good unit thats $120 seems like a waste if I don't turn out liking the thing.

I read on another forum about Foil shavers and 3-head shavers.

The general consensus was foil shavers, shave closer but with more irritation.

The general consensus also was that panasonic was king.

Anyone own one, especially if its a panasonic.

I had use of a self cleaning one, I think it was $180ish. back in the day.
Activator System - Dry Shaving - Braun

that one.

anywho, My brother got it for Christmas, he left it behind when he went over seas due to power outlet reasons. and I took it, replaced all the blades new cleaning stuff and started using it.

Just like the 2 razers before it. It took longer to use then a normal shaver, no doubt you could do it in front of the TV (kinda cool) but in the end you'd have to go back over it again and again to get a clean shave.

I find that if I shave every single day with my Mach 3, I can knock it out in about 2 minutes from start (walking in the bathroom) to finish (walking out) however, if I wait longer then 1 day, it takes for friggin ever! the hairs will grab and pull and it's just painful unless I wash up with super hot water and let the cream sit for awhile, even then it's still not fun =(

Shave every day FTW
Shaving with a electric shaver. I can't stand it.

I used the electric shaver for about 2 weeks before saying F this.
Again if you're going to shave while waking around doing stuff in the house, it's cool. but in the end it's still much faster to use a normal razer.

My dad has one of those wet/dry panasonic foil shavers. Swears by it. Been using a foil shaver for well the majority of my life as I can remember it. I've shaved a few times with it and it does a prett good job, but I haven't used anything else.

But like jeffie said. You have to shave about every single day. Sure it takes like 12 seconds, but every single day.

I should add, some people have super light hair and they seem to enjoy using these electric shavers. Those are also the people I know that shave once every 3-4 days.

If you have lighter hair that doesnt give you a 5 o clock shadow every day then I bet it would work fine.

I just hate god damn razor burn and the mach 3 blades are so expensive and I have to go over my face a couple times to get those stray hairs.

I just hate god damn razor burn and the mach 3 blades are so expensive and I have to go over my face a couple times to get those stray hairs.

Do you shave everyday? I also have issues with razer burn if I let it grow longer then a day. Mostly in the neck area =(

BTW to do the neck with a electric shaver I have to tilt my head back and pretty much rub the shaver into my neck, and even then you still can't get all the neck hairs.

Normal razer > powered one when it comes to neck use.

If you havent used the gilette 5 bladed razor, do it. I use it in conjunction with the fusion shaving cream (ultra sensitive/moisturizing) and if you le the cream sit on your face for a minute (granted the blade is new or sharp) youll have one of the most irritation-free shaves of your life. My neck is really sensitive, i shave once every few days (my hair grows fast), mach 3 used to hurt... not anymore :D

Do you shave everyday? I also have issues with razer burn if I let it grow longer then a day. Mostly in the neck area =(

BTW to do the neck with a electric shaver I have to tilt my head back and pretty much rub the shaver into my neck, and even then you still can't get all the neck hairs.

Normal razer > powered one when it comes to neck use.

The neck is where a normal razor irritates me most. Hardcore razor burn in the form of red bumps if I shave the neck.

It seems if I shave everyday I'm actually worse off from all the irritation and constant rubbing of a razor day after day so I tend to let it grow out when I don't have work and am bumming it around campus.

I use a norelco, and it works fine for me. I can only use a Mach 3 Turbo about 2-3 times before I start getting razor burn from it. I use the norelco everyday, and it feels much better. If I let it grow for a few days, the norelco can grab a little bit, but grabbing a little bit >>> the razor burn I get from even a nearly new blade. I say norelco, but I have used foil shavers too. It just took longer to shave with. I never had any hair pulled with a foil razor either. I shave everyday, otherwise I look like a bum - longer hair w/ goatee tends to do that. :)

electric trimmers for me, skin is too sensitive for razors, but man I miss the days when I only had to shave every 2 weeks

Yeah, I think if you have thick hair, a razor is the way to go. I have an electric shaver but my hair is pretty thin. Sometimes I get thick hair that become black stubs so I puck them before I use the shaver.

B000CEMSD6.01-ASZEJTW651PPQ._SCMZZZZZZZ_V1132784048_.jpg

stop being a pussy.

If you havent used the gilette 5 bladed razor, do it. I use it in conjunction with the fusion shaving cream (ultra sensitive/moisturizing) and if you le the cream sit on your face for a minute (granted the blade is new or sharp) youll have one of the most irritation-free shaves of your life. My neck is really sensitive, i shave once every few days (my hair grows fast), mach 3 used to hurt... not anymore :D
No shit, I bought the Fusion and have been using it for about 10 months now. Granted I haven't shaved in 2 weeks to see what I look like with a beard, but the Fusion rocks.

B000CEMSD6.01-ASZEJTW651PPQ._SCMZZZZZZZ_V1132784048_.jpg

stop being a pussy.
I've used one of those. Nothing gives a closer shave. I need to pick one up.

As far as electric razors, I haven't found one that could cut my beard. I should shave everyday but I'm lazy as hell. Usually every other day. My beard is also blonde, brown, black, and red. It's very wierd when I let it grow out.

Back