anyone put 215/45/17's on their rex?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ef8b16a1

im debating what size tire to put on the car, the falken azenis look like a really nice tire, especially for autocrossing. ive chose this akward size tire because im putting a replica mugen body kit on the car and want to fill in some of the wheel well gap with a little rubber.

the tires a 24.7 tall and 8.3 section width. im running a 24.1 tire on it now and about the same width. 205/50/16's

anyone ran a tire like this before? the cars fenders a rolled, spc control arms, toe adjusters, camber adjusters and adj. ball joints. im talknig the fender linings off the front to fit the tires if theirs any minor rubbing

agreed, ive got some 15's for the track. i got a good deal on on some new 17's and wanted a taller wheel and tire without going to like a 60 aspect ratio on 15's. so for the street im just gonna run some 17's and put my 15's for the track. no hate, no hate please

i dont care what they say, blanco is the man!!

Keep in mind that Azenis run large for their published spec size too.

how do you mean? the tire says its a 24.7 tall and 8.3 sec. width.

are these reliable numbers to work with?

my current numbers are 24.1 tall and a sec width of 8.4

i figured the tire would be about the same width on same 7 inch rim and about .6 taller which equates to .3 taller/closer to the ball joints. i was thinkin that they wouldnt be much different than the tire i got on it now. im running bf g's by the way.

should i go with a 205/45/17? fk-452? it says its actually a little wider and a little shorter of a tire.

please help me out i dont want to spend 500 bux on tires that the manufacture doesnt have the right specs to go by. if you know what i mean

Last edited:
I mean that their 215/45/17 is larger than what most 215/45/17 tires on the market will measure out as. The published physical size on their web site should be accurate with the same wheel and proper inflation.

The stock tires on the CRX are just under 23 inches in diameter and quite a bit thinner (and less square at the shoulders) than the tire you want to put on. Take that into consideration when you're looking at wheel well and fender clearance!

You should definitely go with an Azenis over the FK-452 if you want to focus on dry grip.

i agree, i looked last night and the wheels i have are 8 inch wheels. a little bigger than i would perfer. im thinkin that i could need to go with a 215 tire. now its whether or not to go with a 40 or 45 aspect ratio. 40 aspect is a 23.9 and a 45 is a 24.7 inch tall tire. ive got 24.1 on it now so the question is wheather of not i can fit that extra .6 inches without fitting the ball joint cover/bracket during cornering. maybe ill go with the 23.9 its more common but since its a 8 inch wheel if i go with a 45 aspect ratio it might be a little shorter of a tire.

ive got some tires layin around at the shop maybe ill mount them up and give them a shot just to thumb how big i can go. ill have to figure it out on saturday. trial and error.

17s dont look bad on a lowered rex, better than 15s with masive sidewall and a tiny rim. IMO 16s would be the best of both but I prefer biter rims over smaller ones mainly for the simple fact of sidewall flex is not something you want.

Massive sidewall? What the hell are you smoking?

17 will rub on the wheel wells too, they will raise the car quite a bit,unless you lower it and your spedo won't read accurate.i think theyre basically pointless, get 15s

205/50R15 lowered look the best, I had 14s on my EF for a while and they looked good, but 17s do blow, just sell the 17s and use the money elsewhere on the car.

i agree with hat everyone is sayin, i have 16's on it now an d i think it looks good. the reason i got 17's was i got them spankin new for 250 from my buddy's dad. i wanted to go with the wheels for street use and to raise the car a little more off the ground.

i got a replica mugen kit and the bumper is 4.5 inches off the ground. i think ill break it if i drive it. i also have another, same, bumper so if i break it no worries. i want to get the car about 5.5 to 6 inches off the ground.

the only way i thought possible was to raise my coil overs up about an inch and fill in that gap with a little bigger wheel and tire.

thanks for the help guys, i think i know what im gonna do. i got some tires off a used car at work 215/45/17 potenza's im gunna mount and raise the car up an inch, put my lower control arms, camber adjusters, and toe adjusters in the rear and see what happens. i guess trial and error but no expense to me at least lol. thanks!!! i let you all know what happends

Back