Anyone put an H4 hi/low HID kit in their EG?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
I was thinking of picking up one of the kits...I have the TYC black housing headlights and was just wondering what people thought of h4 hi/low kits

they make a kit for the EG's that clip in like the stock H4 bulbs.

The low beam is an HID lamp w/a halogen bulb strapped to the side for the high beam.

I ordered a kit, so I guess I'll findout how they are myself :)

i put some in the maxima not a high/low kit though, i just ordered 10k
bulbs and they are bright enoughe to see everything. i figured there i no reason to have a hi/low, just get bright ones and drive happy.

i live in wyoming it is dark here and i dont like hitting deer so i ordered them.

i wish i would not have now i have HID feaver i hate cars that dont have hids

techone

this is the bulb:

stillenh4.jpg

alright, I got it, I installed them, and they are awesome

plain and simple...50x better than the stock lighting

took me all of 25 minutes to do it

Recap: I have the TYC black housing headlights (not the projector ones, the regular "JDM style" ones), I bought and installed an H4 Hi/Low HID kit, and it is incredibly better.

heres a couple pics...I haven't adjusted them yet, but you get the idea (its a 6000k kit in-case anyone was wondering)

also, the fogs aren't on in the 1st picture

a14a3c06.jpg

0e89c9ef.jpg

How much was the kit? I want something like this for my CRV.

$250 for Dual Hi/Lo Plug In Kits!?!?!?

Where did you get them from?

I was lookin at the link on h-t, and those are $350 for duals...

I wonder if they sell projectors or cutoffs as well... If I do HID's, I want to have a true HID setup.

I thought all HID systems used Halogen for the hi-beams. That seems to be what I see on the oem HID systems anyway.

Most RetroFit H4 HID systems have NO high beam at all... The OEM ones you see are dual bulb... In which case you are right... Most are halogen high beam... But since I have H4 bulbs, I need a hi-low kit.

the hi/low kit I have has an HID low beam and halogen high beam....

the 1st pic on the page are the bulbs I have (the one with the shield on it)

Quoted post[/post]]
Wait... So you paid $250 for a hi-low kit? (High is Halogen)...

yeah...they're all over ebay

I got mine from "stillenmaxima" on there (hence the picture of the bulb)

He's got TONS of feedback and its 100% positive...and he only sells HID kits

I saw some kits for $200 (unknown manufacturer)...but that guys feedback and from what I've heard from people with other techone kits made me buy it from him.

Wicked fast shipping too..Hes in NY, I got mine in 2 days

Back