anyone remember me??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lowandslow

whats good on hondaswap?? been a while since i last been here, august to be exact. i left for boot camp for the US ARMY, im all done training and just got back to base from leave. i got stationed in oklahoma at fort sill, its in lawton. a pretty good sized city. about an hour or so south of oklahoma city. hanyway..i need a car, im getting half of my sign on bonus in a week or so..about 5k. SO, im looking for a eg hatch or coupe, boosted..swapped or the d16 doesnt matter. thats all im looking for, motor work. i dont care about stereos or shfancy rims or body kits. motor and suspension work, and a decent body. ill have right around 5k to play with, so if anyone has anything like this let me know...in the central/southern oklahoma or central texas area. thank you.

Cool. You're in Lawton... I was in Duncan for a year working for big bad Halliburton. You might try looking up Elliot Byers (if you can find him) in Duncan. He's always shopping around for Hondas in the area. The last I heard, he was working at the Family Dollar distribution center there in town.

cal..thanks for the info, ill look into that. tried autotrader, not too much going on there. maybe i'll just throw a down payment on an evo VIII.

Originally posted by lowandslow@Jan 7 2005, 09:29 AM
maybe i'll just throw a down payment on an evo VIII.
[post=442539]Quoted post[/post]​

:another shameless plug:

DO IT!!

i love mine, such a fun car to drive. get an 05 if you can, many upgrades over the 03-04's.

now im not looking to buy an evo because im poor, but does the MR have that much more than the regular evo does to make the price jump like it does?

IMO no. the regular evo is actually a little lighter (because of smaller tranny and no HID's) the aluminum roof on the MR only saves 8lbs, but since its from the very top of the car its nice for center of gravity. the tranny has shorter gearing for the 6speed. the lighter bbs wheels are nice. but in all i dont think it justifies the 5k jump in price. 5k in mods to a regular evo8 is a much better decision i think. :)

clickity

found this on auto trader, im going to call and find out more about it; the ad isnt very descriptive. its about 170 miles from where i am. 10k doesnt seem to bad for the setup, i dont think. hopefully going tomorrow to check it out. any comments/suggestions??

im going to meet the kid tomorrow. talked to him on the phone, he was very knowledgable and said everything was done professionally. i forget the name of the shop, redline racing or something. im gonna drive it tomorrow and see how it runs. he said it dynoed 284 whp and 198ft/lbs..he has the slip. but it looks clean and its new, engine 5 months turbo has 1000 miles on it. its a drag turbo kit, t4.

an EVO ? Looking to settle down and start a family ?

Military men should be driving 1945 Dodge Powerwagons in their time off. :)

-> Steve

Back