Anyone seen Primer?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

I rented this movie tonight, and its good. Its all about time travel and how these two guys build a time machine, then start doing shit with it behind each others backs. Its all cut up into pieces, like one of those movies where everything comes together in the end.

yea so, if you haven't checked it out yet, i would recommend it.

on a similar note, anyone seen any good movies lately? i think i have rented just about every good independent film out there, and all the mainstream stuff has been junk lately, like always. any good foreign films anyone has seen? I watched City of God a couple weeks ago, that one's good, and i rented Abre Los Ojos, its the original that Vanilla Sky was based (copied) from. a lot better than Vanilla Sky though.

i didn't care much for primer, the concept was alright, but it just never seemed to really go anywhere. in the end i was just bored with it, but :thumbsup:

great movie, one of my favs. ive seen it probably 10+ times. really you have to watch it that much to catch everything and fully understannd whats going on. for a movie that only cost like 10k to make, its phenomanal. hell id even say its better then a lot of high dollar movies out there.

anything you dont understand, ill try to explain.

actually i have some dupont primer i just mixed up....you need some? lol..j/p;)

Old Boy is a really good movie. Its a Japanese Movie...Available at my small corner store blockbuster, so i figure a normal sized store should have it.

Also, as much as i hate to say it, Green Street Hooligans is REALLY REALLY good. Ive been on the biggest World Cup binge ever, and i thought it was actually going to be a soccer movie (since i knew the soccer term), and while there is a little bit of soccer, its a totally different movie. Its kinda slow (plot thick) but ultimately, it took me an hour to eat my 10 Buffalo Wings when i tried to watch it. I LIKE ELIJAH WOOD IN THIS MOVIE.

I just watched Con-Air again the other night. Still a fun movie.

Match Point was the first Woody Allen movie i have ever liked.

Thats really all i can think of. My buddy told me that Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was good...I havent seen it yet tho.

He also said everything is illuminated (another elijah wood movie) was really good.

Everything is Illuminated is good. I actually met Elijah Wood at a show here in San Diego and thats how i found out about the movie. Gogol Bordello was playing and he was there. They are in the movie, the lead singer is his translater in the movie.

the other night i also rented The Three Burials of Melqiades Estrada. Its Tommy Lee Jones' new one. i thought it was pretty good. good story, and it didn't bore me at all.

anyone seen Why We Fight yet? i saw it at the video store and came home and DL'ed it. i only got like a third of the way through it, but its good.

never even heard of Primer...lol...maybe ill check it out...we will see...

i wanna check out that new Superman movie though...heard it was good

Its a really good movie, but like GSRCRXsi said, the made it for only 10k. But its a really good movie, it may take a few viewing's to grasp it all but its really good.

brc80 said:
Its a really good movie, but like GSRCRXsi said, the made it for only 10k. But its a really good movie, it may take a few viewing's to grasp it all but its really good.

so i take it...that it's really good...lol...just messin with ya...;)

city of god was horrible.... i can't believe you liked it...... lol

i haven't seen primer yet.

the other day i watched some movie that i cought just starting.... mad house i think it was called. pretty good movie for a horror/thriller flick.

and i finally saw Exorcism of emily rose. good movie. the devil should have made her get naked though :( lol

pissedoffsol said:
city of god was horrible.... i can't believe you liked it...... lol

i haven't seen primer yet.

the other day i watched some movie that i cought just starting.... mad house i think it was called. pretty good movie for a horror/thriller flick.

and i finally saw Exorcism of emily rose. good movie. the devil should have made her get naked though :( lol
hmm. Emily rose was okay at the most. i didn't care for it that much. City of God was good, but it was confusing at first, overall though, i liked it. Why didn't you like it?

i dunno.... it was just....... lame?

i'm not Angelina Jolie, so i guess my heart isn't there.... lol

Back