Anyone Selling a computer?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol

i guess i should tell him to get the extended warranty

parts and labor 1 year warranty

yeah, i do all the IT support at my office (ontop of my other duties) and eMachines are cheap crap. Ive almost replaced every board in these things and made my own conversion plates to accept an ASRock board (the one i posted earlier). eMachine boards and PSUs really suck...i would never have one as my own computer. Saddly im using one right now, but i have an ASRock board in mine.

fuck yeah theyre crap. so are most of the hps. hey you get what you pay for in computers.

maybe he should try finding used socket a parts. i bet there are a shit load around since many are upgrading to the socket 939s and 754s. i rather have more ram than a faster processor for daily stuff.

my brothers old xp1700+ with 512mb runs circles around most of todays "low budget" computers.

oh yeah and fuck newegg man. theyre screwing people are shipping. check out www.zipzoomfly.com and monarchcomputers.com. the first has free 2nd day shipping on most parts and price are par or lower than neweggs and ditto for monarch. also at monarch there arent any sales tax. id use newegg to search for parts and buy somewhere else since they have a bigger selection.

anyway, my two cents.

Don't buy the Sattelite, my roommate has one of them and it breaks like once a week.

i am in college and i agree. dont by the satellite. i have had 2 in 4 years, neither is working...my inspiron still works...im going on a year with this one without so much as a hickup.

the satellite is a desktop replacement, and its a bit fickle. for what bill needs it for, its perfect. ive already talked to him. a normal person would do fine with one. everyone know how college kids are :wink: i remember how my shitty i treated my electronics when i was in the army.

shyt, i dont play with my thousand dollar laptop. i know how important it is to my lively hood (i almost died when i left the psu at a friends house)

Back