Anyone Snowboard?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
Hey guys, just doing some research, and I thought I'd post here too to see how many snowboarders there are here. I'm looking for a good board, one that is light but sturdy. I'm not looking to do a whole lot of park or trick riding, just mainly freeriding, with tricks here and there. I'm not THAT great, I would say "intermediate", but not beginner. I don't really know much about the different brands of boards, so I just want to see what is available, and how they compare. I'm going to be getting pretty much everything this year, so I need a board and bindings, I'm going to be getting ThirtyTwo boots, and the outerwear doesn't really matter brandwise. Just let me know what to keep an eye out for. Thanks :D

Oops, size from about 155 to 158 on the board.

i tumbleboard pretty good.

see... i snow board like dale earnhart...

i can only turn left
and i hit the wall from time to time

lol

that said, if i were to buy a new board, it would be from Rosignol

My K2 board I got like 12 years ago is still rideable, I use it as my "rock" board when there isn't much coverage out. I now have a Rossignol which I'm quite happy with. Now is a good time to buy last years models as they're usually pretty cheap right now. Oh, and get Airwalk boots. I've had those boots for 12 years also and are still in great shape! I use the old school strap in bindings, never liked the step in stuff.

Originally posted by B16@Aug 25 2005, 01:15 PM
My K2 board I got like 12 years ago is still rideable, I use it as my "rock" board when there isn't much coverage out. I now have a Rossignol which I'm quite happy with. Now is a good time to buy last years models as they're usually pretty cheap right now. Oh, and get Airwalk boots. I've had those boots for 12 years also and are still in great shape! I use the old school strap in bindings, never liked the step in stuff.
[post=545127]Quoted post[/post]​

werd. step in is t3h suck

i love to snowboard. i ride a 155 burton. as for style of the board, i say ask a guy at the shop, they know what style would be best for your kind of riding. but yea burton all the way, just dont buy there clip in bindings. get the strap ones. the clips arent a bad product but unless your boots stay tight all day your going to lose some of the control. retying your boots<tighting the straps on the bindings. thats just my .02 cents though, i never officially learned anything about snowboards.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 25 2005, 12:24 PM
Snowboarding is for kiddies. Buy some skis, sissy.

lol

I'm looking on a board review website, and I'm also going to be looking on ebay because I don't have much money. I went into a shop yesterday and got sized for boots, board and bindings. But yeah, I'm going to be getting strap-in bindings.

go to garts ski and swap this year, you'll get a hell of a bargin.
I have a burton and love it.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 25 2005, 01:24 PM
Snowboarding is for kiddies. Buy some skis, sissy.

:p
[post=545136]Quoted post[/post]​

i ride a 45 degree in front, and a 15 in back. ive never seen a skier that could stay with me. and my dad and his friends go to killington every year. they do the crazy outer limits trail too. but they cant keep up. hopefully ill go with them this year.

Originally posted by ripperbone@Aug 25 2005, 12:39 PM
go to garts ski and swap this year, you'll get a hell of a bargin.
I have a burton and love it.
[post=545148]Quoted post[/post]​

SNIAGRAB BABY! Do you know when it is by the way? How much was your Burton, and what model and size is it?

FUCK YEAH!! we use snow tubes and shit, tie em all together with a rope, go down the biggest fucking hill we can find and crash into eachother its great, espcially when you do it with two forty's in your hands.

ski-ing and snowboarding = sledding without the walking back up the hill and instead of a 20 second ride, you get to go down the mountain for 5 minutes before reloading...

snowmobile > sleds, ski's, and snowboarding...

i tried snowboarding once, and was worse than B, the only part of the earnhart program i had was the crashing... seemingly harmless crashes that left we wondering what the hell happened and which way was up...

i had much more luck on ski's but hit the occassional snow makers and things, broke a pole with my neck, that sort of thing...

but rossignol was always my choice for ski equip...

Fuck...I could go on for like two years on this subject considering I've been riding for 11 years, so I'll cut it super-short.

Companies to look at:
1) RIDE for the board.
2) BURTON for the bindings.

That is all. Why? Other companies like Forum, and Rossi and Sims and K2 , and blah blah blah, don't have the budget that Ride and Burton have to put into R&D. They dont have access to the same materials and patented constructions that Ride and Burton have. And they don't have the same reputation and customer service Ride and Burton do. They just own it.

A ride board and burton bindings. A ride board because they last for a long time and dont tend to loose their snap because they use a really high quality bi or triax weave glass (my last two boards have been Ride Timeless's). Burton makes a sweet board but I find that the topsheet material (unless it's a cap construction) is really thin and tends to start to delaminate after you get a few good chips on it. I have owned 2 Burton boards in my life (Contact, Custom) and both have fallen prey to this exact thing.

Burton Bindings rock. They still use a composite material that allow the bindings to flex with the board unlike the ride bindings that create dead spots in the flex. I have the burton Missions. They are amazing.

^^^^ Thanks. That's the kind of info I'm looking for. I'm looking into the Burton Bindings already, and ThirtyTwo boots, but I'm mainly concerned on what type of board I should get. I'm thinking most likely a 155 or 156 size.

Back