Anyone swap from F22 to a H22 in their lude please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

preludedriva

I just recently swap a h22 in my f22 prelude and i was wondering if i had to add any extra vacuum hoses, if i could just use my stock f22 ones and be fine? i was told the hoses on the intake were the most important the rest were just smog issues and would not effect the cars performance
and since my car is obd1 do i need a 2nd o2 sensor? and my h22 came with a map sensor on the intake manifold and i have one from my f22 on the fire wall do i need to hook up both?
anyone clear this up?

use one map sensor or the other

intake vac's are def most important but it would be advisable to have them all routed like stock...

i believe you only need one o2

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jul 21 2005, 11:50 AM
use one map sensor or the other

intake vac's are def most important but it would be advisable to have them all routed like stock...

i believe you only need one o2
[post=529523]Quoted post[/post]​

i know some of hoses are hooked up wrong.....ive been dring with the check engine on its in limp mode runin rich right now, had to get to work and class
im fixing it today just needed a few pointers i got me a diagram too

autozone.com has a free repair section with vacuum diagrams and tons of other info...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jul 21 2005, 12:00 PM
autozone.com has a free repair section with vacuum diagrams and tons of other info...
[post=529531]Quoted post[/post]​

my car has its check engine light on
vtec and knock is hooked up
i am not 100% sure about the vacuum still
when i get on it vtec doesnt kick in...and i cant hit my 7200 redline it bogs down after 6800
can anyone who swapped from f22 to h22 take a picture of their vacuum hoses and send em to me? it help a crap load thanks

There is nothing special about the vacuum diagram. Route the vacuum hoses just like stock. Use the firewall map sensor, since your harness is already routed there. You should have one hose going to your EGR. I believe that is #16. Another hose goes to your fuel pressure regulator. You have probably three hoses coming out of your firewall that go right around the throttle body. A few more sneak around to adjust your motor mount and run your cruise control, etc.

Try checking your codes, then clear them, then check them again. The car will tell you where you messed up.

Originally posted by tab@Jul 22 2005, 12:40 PM
There is nothing special about the vacuum diagram. Route the vacuum hoses just like stock. Use the firewall map sensor, since your harness is already routed there. You should have one hose going to your EGR. I believe that is #16. Another hose goes to your fuel pressure regulator. You have probably three hoses coming out of your firewall that go right around the throttle body. A few more sneak around to adjust your motor mount and run your cruise control, etc.

Try checking your codes, then clear them, then check them again. The car will tell you where you messed up.
[post=529932]Quoted post[/post]​

we are rewiring vtec with a new solenoid and pressure switch as well as a new wire for knock
i think i am still in limp mode
my car still surges (reving from 1000-200) when idle
my CEL is not on right now but i know forsure that my stuff isnt workin right
i cant even get to my redline it bounces after 6800

VTEC will engage regardless of the knock sensor, so tackle each problem seperately.

Your redline is lowered when VTEC does not engage. Also, VTEC will not engage, and your redline is lowered if you rev the engine out of gear........

Use shielded audio cable for the knock sensor wire. It worked well for me, much better than standard wire.

Originally posted by tab@Jul 22 2005, 02:43 PM
VTEC will engage regardless of the knock sensor, so tackle each problem seperately.

Your redline is lowered when VTEC does not engage. Also, VTEC will not engage, and your redline is lowered if you rev the engine out of gear........

Use shielded audio cable for the knock sensor wire. It worked well for me, much better than standard wire.
[post=529980]Quoted post[/post]​

still no vtec
CEL is not on anymore either

are you driving the car when attempting to hit vtec?
are you letting the car warm up first?

surging idle can be low coolant, tps sensor, IAC, etc...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jul 25 2005, 11:53 AM
are you driving the car when attempting to hit vtec?
are you letting the car warm up first?

surging idle can be low coolant, tps sensor, IAC, etc...
[post=530813]Quoted post[/post]​

im already gonna fix the idle problem today
and yes the car is warmed up the temp gauge is at 50%

the first question is just as important as the second...

if tps voltage is in spec, your IAC is clean and your coolant is full and properly bled then i would check your FIT, fast idle thermo valve or some such nonsense...

vtec requires a certain speed and certain operating temperature...

what ecu are you running?
what injectors?
are you absolutely positive on your vtec solonoid and oil pressure wiring?

did you try "forcing" the vtec with a 12 volt lead to make sure its definately functional?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jul 25 2005, 12:02 PM
the first question is just as important as the second...

if tps voltage is in spec, your IAC is clean and your coolant is full and properly bled then i would check your FIT, fast idle thermo valve or some such nonsense...

vtec requires a certain speed and certain operating temperature...

what ecu are you running?
what injectors?
are you absolutely positive on your vtec solonoid and oil pressure wiring?

did you try "forcing" the vtec with a 12 volt lead to make sure its definately functional?
[post=530818]Quoted post[/post]​

i tried forcing the vtec but didnt work
i had a performance shop (PRE) take a look at it they said they can fix it but it will take a few hours gonna drop it off thursday
will update then for others who run into problems
they said its my wiring forsure
it looks like crap im gonna slap the guy who plugged in my harness

Originally posted by preludedriva@Jul 26 2005, 03:31 PM
[post=531471]Quoted post[/post]​

That was gonna be my next guess.

Don't worry about it since a shop is gonna clean up your wiring. If you're gonna fuck it up, do it yourself so that YOU can learn from fucking your own shit up. Sometimes, that's my preferred way to learn, by mistake.

Originally posted by tab+Jul 26 2005, 05:08 PM-->
preludedriva
@Jul 26 2005, 03:31 PM
[post=531471]Quoted post[/post]​

That was gonna be my next guess.

Don't worry about it since a shop is gonna clean up your wiring. If you're gonna fuck it up, do it yourself so that YOU can learn from fucking your own shit up. Sometimes, that's my preferred way to learn, by mistake.
[post=531579]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i hope its just some mixed up plugs and stuff

Back