Anyone think this is a scam?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea, I'm not doing it. My gut feeling was to pass, so pass I will.

Thanks for the links. In all honesty, it doesn't really seem like a bad deal for the person actually buying the bikes to sell them. I have other important shit going on right now to be worrying about this crap.

set a minimum value for your time and effort. mine is approximately $50/hr. now, i don't get paid that much, but for me to do anything other than what i am doing currently, it would have to be a strong incentive.

update. I just talked to the guy. That shirebicycles.com is the company, and it's his company. I straight up asked him if it's legit, and he said that I'm free to verify the business info for myself. They import them from China, and are basically trying to start out a bike company. IMO, a quality bike isn't one that is imported from China, but I'll put my opinions aside for now. So they are LLC, changing to corp., umm i guess that's about it. Basically, I'm gonna try it out. I can always just pull out if I want.

set a minimum value for your time and effort. mine is approximately $50/hr. now, i don't get paid that much, but for me to do anything other than what i am doing currently, it would have to be a strong incentive.
$50/hr. I wish. I hope to work towards that with my photography sales, which seems attainable, but it's really only a few hours a week, so that's the catch. The other thing I'm considering is to move to the LA area, but ugghhhh, I hate that place. All of my classes to transfer to a university are done, so I just have to wait till the application dates for next Fall. the CSU's closed all admissions for spring and winter because CA can't handle their $$ correctly, so I got kinda screwed there. I'm just gonna be taking some online classes this fall just to get the financial aid even though it doesn't do shit for any degree. The upside is that I'll ge to learn C/C++, Java, and dreamweaver for free and won't have to step foot inside the classroom. I figure those are skills that will make my time more valuable in the long run if used correctly.

Now, i didn't say that i get paid $50, thats what it would take to divert me from what i'm doing.

if you get into school, you can get loans and such for living expenses. make yourself more marketable and you are more likely to get a better job.

I've been in school. I applied for the hardest major to get into at the schools I applied to, architecture, and got my ass denied because my gpa had went down. The low end of what they accepted was around 3.75-3.8. I said screw getting a B.Arch and will now apply for pretty much any bullshit major to get out asap and apply to grad school for a M.Arch degree. Same end result but I can get it done faster, and I don't have to play the bullshit games in the undergrad arch studios where you have to live there 24/7 just to barely finish the bullshit projects they throw at you. I'm looking at either art/photography or journalism. I may want to do something in photography later on, either fine art or photojournalism, so either one will work, and either one will be fine to get into grad school.

i would rather get paid for a bullshit job than be unemployed. a bullshit job builds a resume and can lead to better things.

and don't worry about a bullshit degree just to have it done. take time to get into something good. learn more about your craft. make good contacts. go to networking events. go to your schools alumni events.

you need to think outside your normal realm of job search. you can't expect different results by doing the same thing.

so your going to do it even though your gut says not to??
i think you should refer to the "why i dont have my license" thread...moral of the story is i did dumb shit my gut told me not to..and look where it got me

so your going to do it even though your gut says not to??
i think you should refer to the "why i dont have my license" thread...moral of the story is i did dumb shit my gut told me not to..and look where it got me
The gut feeling changed totally when I talked to the guy earlier. I guess I was mainly skeptical that it might not be a legit business operation. I plan on checking out the BBB and maybe checking to see if the business license is all good just to be sure though.

Back